• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Ringbearers

Share/Bookmark

The Ringbearers

Hey guys,

I've just finished an extended version of the Ringbearers trailer.

http://www.jonnylostinc.com/The%20Ringbearers.mp3

I'm not sure about pacing. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: The Ringbearers

Love the way you balance the instruments especially your use of spatial interaction, dynamics, and timing. The percussion is superb! If I didn't know any better I would swear this was a real live orchestra! The strings sound so live and brilliantly placed they just come alive and jump right out at you!
    This is one heck of a trailer Johnny! I think you have this all under control. You are on your way!

That was awesome. Even Simon is smiling with two thumbs up!
    Styxx

awesome work Johnny!

The flutes have the right channel clicking, you should try to fix that, this piece is worthy of the repair.
    DPDan

Thumbs up Re: The Ringbearers

Jonny,

You did a fantastic job with this trailer. I really like the vivid orchestration, the trade-off between the instruments, the percussion performance and the textures you weaved throughout. A big round of applause to you!

You just keep getting better. Thanks for posting this. And of course, I hope this cue can find its way to the GPO demo page.

Gary Garritan

Jon,

That painted a very vivid picture. I liked it a lot. Outstanding use of percussion, too!

-Chad
    Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Cstring,

Thanks for the comments. My compositional style seems to be evolving (or devolving as the case may be!) I'm not sure how this change is going to come out. It should be quite a ride

By the way, I still have never recieved the score for your sinfonietta. I'm not sure what the deal is. Try sending it the following addres:

jonathoncox@sbcglobal.net

If that doesn't work, try this one:

filmcomposerjonny@hotmail.com

I let you know when I get it.

Thanks,
    Jonny

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Check your PM, Jon. Don't know why we are having delivery failures. I used the first address this time. We'll see if it makes a difference.

-Chad
    Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Johny,

You're one of my favorite composers on this forum... this piece totaly lives up to the expactations... nuff said

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the fantastic comments. I thought this thread had died a while ago, but like the phoenix from the ashes, this string arises. (OK, too much Tolkien for me!)

Csting, I got your score this morning. I'm not sure what the deal was either, but it went to the one that is linked in the PM section. Who knows.

Ron, that's awesome. I've always enjoyed your compositions as well. As a matter of fact, I have eight of them saved on my computer.

Keep up the great work guys.

Jonny

Go Back to forum