• Register
  • Help

Topic: GigaPiano II vs. GigaPiano II LE

Share/Bookmark

GigaPiano II vs. GigaPiano II LE

What's the difference between GigaPiano II LE and the regular GigaPiano II?

And on that note, what's the deal with Tascam including only the "LE" with GS3 Solo?

Re: GigaPiano II vs. GigaPiano II LE

Don't know...the sample file is a lot smaller for LE. Just things to encourage you to ugrade to the other products, I would suspect.

Frankly, the gigapianos suck in my opinion. Plenty of better sounding pianos out there. Play the Art Vista demo that comes with Gigastudio. Sounds a whole lot better. I use one of the Post pianos as my mood allows (I have them all, but I tend to switch between the Emperor and the Yamaha).

I may be wrong, but I think the LE is 16 bit as opposed to the 24 bit regular version. Think Tascam was providing a light (16 bit) version for those who have older machines that might balk running the 24 bit version with its embedded GigaPulse resonance module.

BillC

Quote Originally Posted by cunningham
    I may be wrong, but I think the LE is 16 bit as opposed to the 24 bit regular version. Think Tascam was providing a light (16 bit) version for those who have older machines that might balk running the 24 bit version with its embedded GigaPulse resonance module.

BillC

LE has three samples included... two say they have "convolution".

I don't know whether they are 25-bit or 16-bit and don't yet know how to tell

Quote Originally Posted by cunningham
    Yes, I read this at some point so it must be in the docs somewhere.

G

I think the 16 bit version also has convolution, but it doesn't take as much CPU power to run as the 24 bit version.

BillC

Go Back to forum