• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Trilogy does not report parameters to BCF/Mackie Ctrl

Share/Bookmark

Trilogy does not report parameters to BCF/Mackie Ctrl

Hi,

This one is for Spectrum/Spectrasonics,

I bought a Behringer BCF controller the other week. It works very well, and I use it in so called Mackie Ctrl Emulation mode w Cubase SX3 (on Win XP), where it emulates (surprise!) the Mackie Control's functionality.

However, Trilogy does not report its parameters to the control unit. All other VSTis I have tried, report several pages of parameters that can be tweaked via the BCF, Trilogy alone reports none.

Why is this?

And will this be changed in a future update.

Otherwise, I am very pleased with Trilogy.

All the best,

Magnus

Re: Trilogy does not report parameters to BCF/Mackie Ctrl

Hi Mr Spectrum, please, won't you reply to this? I have put the same question on Cubase.net, but to no avail.

I understand that the UVI engine doesn't contain this feature, but it is not unreasonable to expect this in future updates, is it?

All the best,

Magnus

You might have more luck actually submitting this to Spectrasonics.

http://www.spectrasonics.net/companyinfo_contact.html

As Eric has mentioned in other posts, he only visits this forum occasionally.

Thumbs up Re: Trilogy does not report parameters to BCF/Mackie Ctrl

Hi Martin,

Thanks for letting me know. I wasn't aware of this, and have now contacted Spectrasonics directly.

All the best,

Magnus

Hmmm,

Spectrasonics replied to my e-mail, but they are extremely cautious as to committing to anything. This is what the S-guy said:

After the release of Stylus RMX we will be working on many new things, however nothing is officially announced yet. I will bring up this topic to the product’s creators. Thank you.

I am slightly disappointed.

Magnus

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus N
    Hmmm,

Spectrasonics replied to my e-mail, but they are extremely cautious as to committing to anything. This is what the S-guy said:

After the release of Stylus RMX we will be working on many new things, however nothing is officially announced yet. I will bring up this topic to the product’s creators. Thank you.

I am slightly disappointed.

Magnus
    I don't know why. They are simply saying they will evaluate your request. Any functionality requests have to be weighed against other requests.

Is there not a way you can program your controller to send midi control change (CC) messages to Trilogy? I am not familiar with Trilogy, but most VSTs allow certain parameters to be controlled this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    I don't know why. They are simply saying they will evaluate your request. Any functionality requests have to be weighed against other requests.

Is there not a way you can program your controller to send midi control change (CC) messages to Trilogy? I am not familiar with Trilogy, but most VSTs allow certain parameters to be controlled this way.
    Hi Martin,

I am sure I could program the BCF as you suggest and that it would work nicely with Trilogy. However, as I use the BCF in the Mackie Control Emulation mode Trilogy should ideally be accessible from inside the emulation. In other words, Trilogy should present its parameters (send them) to a controller like the Mackie Control or BCF.

Also, the programming way you suggest would not let the rotary encoders function properly, since they would still not receive any feedback from Trilogy.

Having used the BCF for about a month now I am surprised at how many VST fx and instruments that present themselves correctly to a controller like the Mackie or BCF. Conversely, very few don't - and this is exactly why I think Spectrasonics would not be overexerting themselves by committing to implementing this feature in the next update. In fact, I think it is rather unreasonable if they don't.

On the other hand, I guess you are right in questioning my disappointment, since as you say, Spectrasonics will evaluate my request. At least, I may have been overly pessimistic in my interpretation of S's reply.

All the best,

Magnus

I would also suggest you post this request on the Spectrasonics Yahoo Group. Eric appears to respond in that forum almost daily:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/spectrasonics/

I'll give this a bump to the top, seeing that Eric P is again gracing this forum.

So, please Eric, reply to my request.

All the best,

Magnus

None of the UVI-based plug-ins on the market are able to do that, so it's not something we can easily implement from our side. Automation is a rather complex issue with all the different plug-in platforms on the market, and the UVI team's solution to it was keep it simple with a basic MIDI controllable assignment.

It's also host dependent, so it depends what version you are using. I believe this functionality does work if you are using AU hosts like Logic.

I understand your desire for this feature....I have that unit too....but it's not something simple to change from our side. We'll keep this in mind for the future though.

spectrum

Go Back to forum