• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: So...Ivory is out: Any user experiences?

Share/Bookmark

Question So...Ivory is out: Any user experiences?

Ivory is out for 2 days. It may be premature, but I would like to know if there are any personal experiences from forum members already?

Though I already own 3 killer piano libraries (Vintage audio´s Yamaha C7, PMI Boesendorfer 290, Worra´s Black Grand -> my favourite!) I would like to know how Ivory´s resonance and parameter adjustments work in reality and how much CPU they use (being on a rather slow Mac)
    Any comments?
    Best regards
    Raindog

Question Re: So...Ivory is out: Any user experiences?

No one ?

Re: So...Ivory is out: Any user experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by Raindog
    Ivory is out for 2 days. It may be premature, but I would like to know if there are any personal experiences from forum members already?

Though I already own 3 killer piano libraries (Vintage audio´s Yamaha C7, PMI Boesendorfer 290, Worra´s Black Grand -> my favourite!) I would like to know how Ivory´s resonance and parameter adjustments work in reality and how much CPU they use (being on a rather slow Mac)
    Any comments?
    Best regards
    Raindog
    Ivory is out only for mac OS X user. And i will neve buy a mac.

Pc user have to wait several months.

Regards,

Olivier

I'm afraid MANY of us are in the waiting postion, curious whether the Ivory is any more in real than what the demos show. It could be, but I just don't want to be the first to find it out
    Maybe Synthogy want to provide a free limited demo version - just like the Old Lady, the Emperor and the Black Grand have ?

I tried it today (just 10 minutes), with a Fatar SL990 (not the best, but it was what I had under my hands).

It's "only" 8 stereo dynamic levels, but absolutly no fake, no bugg, no artefact, no level error... in short : perfect!

Three (Bos 290, Steinway D and Yamaha C7) very well programmed pianos.

Realtime sympathetic resonance
    Pedal FX during release time

Almost everything is tweakable, from velocity curve to ambiance...

I wish I had a Mac and more money...

Let's wait to 2005 for PC user... Let's wait...

xav93:

Did you play it at a music store? (You mention in another thread that you just bought an RD 700, os it occurs to me that Guitar Center is showing off the Synthogy pianos.)

Olivier,

can you please tell me why you will never buy a Mac?

I am wondering if you had a past bad experience, and if so would you consider sharing it?

thank you

Yes, I tried it in a music store. But It wasn't first to try it, but to buy a new keyboard with some master keyboard fonctions. Then I took time to test the Ivory.

I don't like the Ivory Bos, but the Steinway mp3 demos are excellent, terrific. The Yamaha, a piano I am less familiar with, is also pretty amazing. The demos are, I think, all classical, which may make it difficult for some to make an assessment. My ears are VERY impressed.

JG

So...any user demos, or at least reviews, for the Ivory pianos?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast