• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: GPO upgrade policy?

Share/Bookmark

GPO upgrade policy?

Hey, folks.

I've consistently heard good things about GPO and am considering adding it myself. Somewhere (and darned if I can remember where - the 70s were good to me...), I got the impression that a new version of GPO was coming soon. Of course, I obviously don't know if this is true or not, only Gary would know for sure. In any event, I hesistate on my purchase only because I'm looking to avoid the old software scenario of "buy version 1 this week, version 2 comes out next week; spend more money for version 2" (I just got bit on that with Sonar 3 / Sonar 4).

Hence my question for those of you who have been around for a while: many software companies will upgrade to the new version for free if you've made your purchase of the previous version within x months of the new release, as a bit of protection in this regard. Does anyone know what the policy is on GPO?

I'd be grateful for any insights you might offer. The product sounds like a no brainer purchase, I just don't want to become instantly out of date like I did with Sonar.

Thanks!

Chris

Re: GPO upgrade policy?

Christopher,

From what I've heard, the up-coming upgrade (currently in beta) will be free to all GPO users. Doesn't matter when you buy it. Just go for it. You won't be sorry.

Jeff

Hi Christopher,

Welcome to the forum. You don't have to worry about having to shelve out more money for an upgrade. The next version of GPO will be FREE. We hope to have it available for download within the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    Hey, folks.

I've consistently heard good things about GPO and am considering adding it myself. Somewhere (and darned if I can remember where - the 70s were good to me...), I got the impression that a new version of GPO was coming soon. Of course, I obviously don't know if this is true or not, only Gary would know for sure. In any event, I hesistate on my purchase only because I'm looking to avoid the old software scenario of "buy version 1 this week, version 2 comes out next week; spend more money for version 2" (I just got bit on that with Sonar 3 / Sonar 4).

Hence my question for those of you who have been around for a while: many software companies will upgrade to the new version for free if you've made your purchase of the previous version within x months of the new release, as a bit of protection in this regard. Does anyone know what the policy is on GPO?

I'd be grateful for any insights you might offer. The product sounds like a no brainer purchase, I just don't want to become instantly out of date like I did with Sonar.

Thanks!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Hi Christopher,

Welcome to the forum. You don't have to worry about having to shelve out more money for an upgrade. The next version of GPO will be FREE. We hope to have it available for download within the week.
    Hey, Gary.

Thanks, man. I've already listened to the demos, which sound great. Looking forward to plugging into the real thing!

I'd stick around and talk more, but it's hard to type while fishing through my wallet for a credit card...

Christopher

Oh my dear god.... Gary, is that a true confirmation of a release date?!?!?

Just when I was frustrated, fighting with my feeble Brass manipulating skills, editing the hell out of some programs? Brilliant! My day is saved! Please tell me that it is true!

Wow! Now how can I get by with nothing to wait for and get antsy about?

Richard Wayland

Quote Originally Posted by musicpete
    Oh my dear god.... Gary, is that a true confirmation of a release date?!?!?

Just when I was frustrated, fighting with my feeble Brass manipulating skills, editing the hell out of some programs? Brilliant! My day is saved! Please tell me that it is true!
    Good heavens, what have I started?

Gary,
    Will there be any saxes or euphonium sounds in this upgrade? I;m very interested in concert band sounds and those seem to be lacking. I noticed some posts about thos sounds perhaps being made available in the future, and a post from you not long ago about having spent some time recording euphonium and other things over a weekend.

Thanks
    Graham Smith

Hi Christopher,

[BGeezzzzz! You guys are like kids in a candy store. Calm down. Before you know it, the Wizard will give you what you need.

So Gary! When hah hah hah hah when when when when now now nown when when when oooooooo I just wet my pants now now I can't wait now easy now watch it now wait don't go too far too fast too sooooonnnnn! Now huh huh huh??????

Dunt do dis to me! Lucy! You got some splainin to do!
    Styxx

Hi Christopher,

Wow Gary...I thought that I'd 'misheard' on Friday's 'garychat'. That's some great, if somewhat surprising news! It's most magnanimous of you. Thanks in advance!

You've made an old(ish) man very happy.

Cheers

Frank

Go Back to forum