• Register
  • Help

Topic: The "Sith Cycle" continues: Waiting for the storm

Share/Bookmark

The "Sith Cycle" continues: Waiting for the storm

Hello!

This is another old piece that I mocked up with GPO. Description stolen from my website:

Imitates unserscore for dialogue scenes: An old man and his son are stranded on a planet, amidst enemy territory. The Sun goes down and the know that they will be attacked soon. While they sit and wait, the old man tells stories about the past of their race.
    File link: Waiting for the storm (5MB, 5'26'')
    Link to the score (that you can even buy to support my humble self): Score

Samples are 100% GPO, reverb is SIR.

I hope you enjoy it. GPO's low woodwinds are a real treat....

Pete

Re: The "Sith Cycle" continues: Waiting for the storm

I listened to your score as a MIDI, got an error trying to play the MP3 (don't bother checking your links and whatnot; my Windows Media Player does this all the time).

Awesome! I'm a big fan of Star Wars music, so naturally this was enticing...it doesn't draw on Star Wars too much, you're doing your own thing. Sounds great anyway! Hearing this in MIDI is frustrating. OH WOW--heh, just heard a really cool part of the "Overture." That heroic brass, um, thing.

So what's your fanfilm about? Are you featured on TFN Fanfilms? I'd love to see what this music accompanies.

Thanks for you comment. But don't listen to the MIDI! It's terrible! If you will have only a few weeks more patience, I will have finished my mockup of the Overture. It's a giant work, essentially 4 complete pieces have to be mocked up, mixed and prepared at the same time. And the thing is a 10 minute work....

And no, this is for no fan film. It's purely fictional. You have to imagine the pictures in your head.

Thanks for commenting!

Sorry, I just assumed it was a fanfilm...not sure why now.

The MP3 sounds a lot better! One suggestion: make things a little more smooth, flowing. Maybe turn up the reverb a few notches?

Quote Originally Posted by musicpete
    I hope you enjoy it. GPO's low woodwinds are a real treat....
    Very enjoyable. I like the way it growls a bit on the bottom end.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

First off, very nice use of the bassoon and contrabassoon. And yes, GPO's winds alltogether are a treat. Is the percussion all GPO. The bass drum I recognize (I think), but am unsure of some of the other percussion.

Thanks again for the nice reactions!

Joseph, the percussion is all GPO with the exception of the woodblocks. GPO unfortunately doesn't have them. I used the free Woodblocks from Westgate Studios, or ProjectSAM. Can't remember exactely now.

Go Back to forum