• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 on WIN2K - anyone ?

Share/Bookmark

GS3 on WIN2K - anyone ?

Just wondering if anyone is successfully running GS3 on Windows 2000?
    I know it's not supported, but...

Thanks,
    Toby
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/tobybrezmusic.htm

Re: GS3 on WIN2K - anyone ?

It's working fine for me. I won't deny that there have been some problems, but I can't say that it's more than with GS 2.5. I don't intend to switch to XP unless I encounter major difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by vanceen
    It's working fine for me. I won't deny that there have been some problems, but I can't say that it's more than with GS 2.5. I don't intend to switch to XP unless I encounter major difficulties.
    Thanks a lot vanceen,

GS3 arrives tomorrow and I'm in the middle of some big projects on Win2k.
    I'm planning to eventually build a new XP machine but for now it's good to know you are running Win2k successfully.

Toby

Quote Originally Posted by vanceen
    What about the registration problems in the other thread? Posting here about registration problems while using a non supported OS doesn't add up.

G

I have it working fine on computer with Win2k. The registration on that computer went fine and dandy. It's the 2nd computer that is causing problems...

As for how it works, Gigapulse works fine, it just takes up a lot of CPU. My recordings sound much better and I have more control.

I will not mess with XP again unless I absolutly must. That OS is being targeted by more and more trojans and viruses all the time. For me, I am not too thrilled by the 'fisher price' appearance, and there are little things that 2k offers that XP does not. I got the profession version too. Classic mode does not work in the mannor that I prefer.

You can get rid of the "'fisher price' appearance" on XP.

It's in here somewhere: http://www.videoguys.com/WinXP.html

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by esperlad
    I have it working fine on computer with Win2k. The registration on that computer went fine and dandy. It's the 2nd computer that is causing problems...

As for how it works, Gigapulse works fine, it just takes up a lot of CPU. My recordings sound much better and I have more control.

I will not mess with XP again unless I absolutly must. That OS is being targeted by more and more trojans and viruses all the time. For me, I am not too thrilled by the 'fisher price' appearance, and there are little things that 2k offers that XP does not. I got the profession version too. Classic mode does not work in the mannor that I prefer.
    Thanks esperlad,

Not sure what you mean by 2nd computer that is causing problems.
    Thanks for the info with Gigapulse, glad it's working for you.

Speaking of Trojans... my Win2k machine is not connected to the internet. Will the registration process be a pain in the butt?

Thanks again for your input.
    Toby

Quote Originally Posted by TobyBrez
    ... my Win2k machine is not connected to the internet. Will the registration process be a pain in the butt?
    The easiest/fastest is to make a phone call. You can also create a form in Giga and e-mail it yourself. No need for a Giga/Internet connection.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    The easiest/fastest is to make a phone call. You can also create a form in Giga and e-mail it yourself. No need for a Giga/Internet connection.

-JF
    Phone call it is!
    I'm much too impatient to wait for a tech support email.

Thanks,
    Jon

Win2K fine here too.

Noel

Go Back to forum