• Register
  • Help

Topic: audio drivers

Share/Bookmark

audio drivers

On my Kontakt gpo i see output device aiso multimedia driver, also asio directx full duplex driver, and wuschel's asio4all. I was using the multimedia driver on the Kontakt player and i did reasonably well with it. I have a yamaha ACXG WDM audio card in my toshiba laptop

when i went to use gpo studio v 1.2, I get portaudio error (-9997) invalid sample rate, it then said unable to initialize audio driver. then it said, major application fault, send personal orchestra studio.log to support@harp.com which does not exit. it is also indicating that i am using the directx full duplex player, not the aiso multimedia driver, for this program.

when i installed Sonar 4 producer edition, the tech told me to use the MME (32 bit) not ASIO. He said the wuschel asio4all is not supported, but would not hear that i also had the other two drivers.

I used to be able to use gpo studio, and get sound, now i can't.

what do you suggest?
    jgyoungmd

Re: audio drivers

When using Studio with an application like Sonar you need to assign GPO Studio to a different drive than the one the sequencing application is using. So if you are using the asio full duplex driver or MME in Sonar, you need to use a different driver in Studio. But if you want to use GPO with Sonar it is probably easier to just load it as a VSTi or DXi.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    When using Studio with an application like Sonar you need to assign GPO Studio to a different drive than the one the sequencing application is using. So if you are using the asio full duplex driver or MME in Sonar, you need to use a different driver in Studio. But if you want to use GPO with Sonar it is probably easier to just load it as a VSTi or DXi.
    Thanks for your quick replay. I was actually not planning on using GPO studio, but rather to just do everything with sonar. what do you think about using the MME which the sonar tech person recommended vs the asio full duplex driver or the multimedia driver? I thought the asio was the better one to use?

How do you load a VSTi? I think that is what i need to do. I notice the sonar outputs only list GPO Studio 1 through 8 which is not very many instruments unlike the GPO Studio which allows 8 ports and 8 channels.
    jgyoungmd

Quote Originally Posted by jgyoungmd
    Thanks for your quick replay. I was actually not planning on using GPO studio, but rather to just do everything with sonar. what do you think about using the MME which the sonar tech person recommended vs the asio full duplex driver or the multimedia driver? I thought the asio was the better one to use?

How do you load a VSTi? I think that is what i need to do. I notice the sonar outputs only list GPO Studio 1 through 8 which is not very many instruments unlike the GPO Studio which allows 8 ports and 8 channels.
    Well, I use Sonar, with the GPO as VST, as you seem to be doing, but perhaps are not understanding something about it. The key is, first, load GPO Studio. Then you can find the studio 1 through 8, which should give you 64 instruments. That seems like a lot to me. But, seems like you can (before loading Sonar) open a second instance of GPO Studio, which can give you 64 more voices. Seems like I did that once unintentionally. This would seem to require a large amount of RAM and a fast clock.

I have both Sonar and all GPO components on the same hard drive, and have no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    Well, I use Sonar, with the GPO as VST, as you seem to be doing, but perhaps are not understanding something about it. The key is, first, load GPO Studio. Then you can find the studio 1 through 8, which should give you 64 instruments. That seems like a lot to me. But, seems like you can (before loading Sonar) open a second instance of GPO Studio, which can give you 64 more voices. Seems like I did that once unintentionally. This would seem to require a large amount of RAM and a fast clock.

I have both Sonar and all GPO components on the same hard drive, and have no problems.
    i was trying to do that but i now cannot load GPO studio first. when i went to use gpo studio v 1.2, I get portaudio error (-9997) invalid sample rate, it then said unable to initialize audio driver. then it said, major application fault, send personal orchestra studio.log to support@harp.com which does not exit. it is also indicating that i am using the directx full duplex player, not the aiso multimedia driver, for this program.

which audio driver are you using for gpo studio and sonar?
    i can't even get into the GPO studio now. should i reload the whole program?
    jgyoungmd

Quote Originally Posted by jgyoungmd
    i was trying to do that but i now cannot load GPO studio first. when i went to use gpo studio v 1.2, I get portaudio error (-9997) invalid sample rate, it then said unable to initialize audio driver. then it said, major application fault, send personal orchestra studio.log to support@harp.com which does not exit. it is also indicating that i am using the directx full duplex player, not the aiso multimedia driver, for this program.

which audio driver are you using for gpo studio and sonar?
    i can't even get into the GPO studio now. should i reload the whole program?
    It may be that you are selecting a sample rate not supported by your sound card. I would uninstall GPO Studio, install it again, but be sure to check the sound card's sample rates. Also, always a good idea is to verify that the drivers for your sound card are the latest, even though your computer is new. I have an HP, did not like the built in sound card (built into the mother board) and replaced it quite soon after getting the computer, then after installing the new sound card, updated the drivers for it. I am not sure of the relationship, but I also updated the graphics drivers.

I am using a Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS, with the ASIO duplex drivers, at 48100 sample rate, buffers set at 512, and latency according to the task.

Probably a bit of a silly question, but did you install GPO stand alone and vst versions prior to installing GPO Studio?

richardw

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland

thanks for your responses.

When i load gpo studio with several instruments and go to sonar, as you suggested, i don't know where to find them.

i have been able to use the GPO as VST. it gives a choice first synth output audio or all synth outputs audio. when i use the latter for out you get 8 choices. it gives personal orchestra VST1 one primary out, or personal orchestra VST 1 KPIPO 3/4 or 5/6, etc. What is the siginificance of these? Under output it gives only the sound card or a bus.

I am not sure how to put several intrument, ie, 8 different ones which i see GPO studio, into the Sonar so i can use them.

i can see how i can fill the first instrument slot of each player 1 thru 8, but i cannot see how i can use more than one instrument in each player with sonar. I hope i am making myself clear.

what steps do you use to go from GPO studio to use the 64 instruments that should be available to play?

thanks
    jgyoungmd

Go Back to forum