• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Newbie Impression

Share/Bookmark

GPO Newbie Impression

All I can say is "WOW"!!! nuff said, i'm extremely happy with this purchase. The price is a steal imo. A special thanks to Mr. Garritan for making this library very affordable to the masses.
    The only gripe I have with GPO is the installation of the library. Preferably, it has to reside in your boot drive. I'd rather have it on a separate drive dedicated for samples and such. Although I know it doesn't matter coz the library is loaded in RAM rather than disk streamed, but I would like to keep things organized. I like to do an image of my boot drive after every new software install or hardware change, and an additional 2 gigs of data is just too much imo especially if you can have it somewhere else. Take the Spectrasonics modules for example (Atmosphere, Trilogy, Stylus). It has 3 gigs of data each and they provide a utility which enables the user to transfer the data other than the boot drive. Or how 'bout just creating a shortcut within the Garritan Personal Orchestra program folder to link with the library ala Logic EXS samples.
    Anyway, GPO get a 2 big thumbs up from me!!!
    BTW, will the samples ever be ported to HALion format (my sampler of choice).

Thumbs up Re: GPO Newbie Impression

Welcome Newbie to the family!
    I am not much literate with PC so I shall apologies for not offering an answer to you technical questions. Just a big warm welcome and well wishes!
    Looking forward to hearing your music soon.

Best wishes,

Styxx
    Styxx

Re: GPO Newbie Impression

The current library does allow you to save the files to another location. This works even better with the newest update. I'm not sure why you weren't able to do this.

Re: GPO Newbie Impression

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    The current library does allow you to save the files to another location. This works even better with the newest update. I'm not sure why you weren't able to do this.
    Yes, I have it installed this way. The GPO Samples are in my samples HD, and the GPO software is installed on the DAW HD. I can't rembember right now how did I do that, but I think it was straight forward at the installation phase.

Anton

Go Back to forum