• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Saddam & 9/11

Share/Bookmark

Saddam & 9/11

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    The latest Gallup poll shows that 62% of Republicans still believe that Saddam was behind 9/11.

I guess that tells us everything we need to know about Republicans.

Re: Saddam & 9/11

I do not believe that at all and you know where I stand. Why does it matter if they are connected at all or not? I see Saddam as a bully and a savage, I see those in charge of 911 are just as bad if not worse.
    I do not regret the things I've done, but those I was unable to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    I used to call that "stupid", but I think a better word is "ignorant". Or maybe both!?
    I think it's willful ignorance. There's got to be a psychological term for it.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst

-JF
    Yeah that's it. The support for Bush's war is primary, the reasons secondary. They believe Saddam was behind 9/11 because it is a good reason for the war; and then the war can be felt as satisfying revenge for 9/11. Bush reaps the credit for that satisfaction.

hv

You might recall the video where Ossama Bin Ladden bragged that he couldn't be stopped because his financial support had tripple redundancy... proceeds from Afgan opium, Islamic charities, and diverted oil. The largest part of which was probably from the massive amounts of Iraqi oil pipelined into Syria for fencing in violation of the UN embargo. Sadamm himself publicly bragged that these proceeds also financed compensation payments to the families of Palistinian suicide bombers. There's not much doubt that at a minimum, Sadamm's "bad hands people" insurance policy covered the 9/11 suiciders too.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by žeth
    I do not believe that at all and you know where I stand. Why does it matter if they are connected at all or not? I see Saddam as a bully and a savage, I see those in charge of 911 are just as bad if not worse.
    The point is that the majority of Republicans BELIEVE he was behind it -- and that's today, not two years ago. Amazing ignorance.

And there are a lot of bully/savages in the world. She we take them ALL on or was Saddam just a special case?

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst

-JF
    Yeah, I guess alot of us wonder the same thing.

I know for some it's the simple result of propoganda. These people are so uninformed that they sway to the pull of the most effective manipulation.

Of course people are controlled by their bias when there is greed involved.

There are also types of people who are so arrogant that they do not allow
    information to be processed intellectually that contradicts what they are commited to. I think that fear is the basis here.

Much of peoples inability to face "what is" remains a mystery to me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by runamuck
    I know for some it's the simple result of propoganda. These people are so uninformed that they sway to the pull of the most effective manipulation.
    But 68%? Come ON. Propaganda or not, can 68% of the GOP be THAT ignorant?

I guess so....

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    But 68%? Come ON. Propaganda or not, can 68% of the GOP be THAT ignorant?

I guess so....

I know, its hard to figure. I dont believe most people intentionally do wrong.

We are so conditioned and most often we are not aware of that. You grow up with parents who believe in Jesus, lets say. And your freinds believe in Jesus and your community and all the rest of it. Obviously some people can break away from all that and take a look at it for themselves without the pressure of their peers and their family.

Many, many people cant. Look at the south and the continuing issues around race. The Bible belt, Jeeze. The chances of growing up to believe in Christianity and the superiority of whites there are overwhelming.

On the other hand raise a kid in the mid-east and odds are they will believe in Islam.

These things run so very deep. How many people are even interested in the workings of their own psyche? There is very little introspection and urge to understand ones motives in the world.

We are in many ways like machines. We live out what we're conditioned, or programmed to believe without many questions asked.

I think it has more to do with this type of thing than willfully doing wrong.
    ( I dont want to use the word "evil" because it implies all sorts of religeous
    stuff that I dont believe in.) But this is certainly ignorance: ignorance of oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by žeth
    I do not believe that at all and you know where I stand. Why does it matter if they are connected at all or not?
    So it doesn't matter at all to you whether your government lies to you or not?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast