• Help

Topic: Cheney: Thief and Traitor?

Share/Bookmark

Cheney: Thief and Traitor?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Here's a link to a recent Canadian Broadcasting Corp program on Cheney:
    http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/dickcheney/

There are four parts. Starts out innocently enough; but by the end of the series Cheney comes across as an inveterate liar and sociopath.

JG

Re: Cheney: Thief and Traitor?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGrant
    Here's a link to a recent Canadian Broadcasting Corp program on Cheney:
    http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/dickcheney/

There are four parts. Starts out innocently enough; but by the end of the series Cheney comes across as an inveterate liar and sociopath.

JG
    I think Cheney pretty much demonstrated that during the debate.

Again, I found Cheney very impressive in that debate. Of course he's dead wrong about just about everything he believes, but he's very good at making his cases and changing the subject seamlessly when he doesn't want to answer. That doesn't mean I admire him for one minute, but he's clearly very bright.

Edwards wasn't bad some of the time, but a lot of the time he just played the same tapes we've heard before - and they usually didn't answer the question being asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    Again, I found Cheney very impressive in that debate.
    Well, I guess we'll have to disagree. I thought Cheney came across as a dispassionate liar. And a couple of times he couldn't come up with a response to Edwards, so he'd make some lame comment like, "I don't have enough time to give a proper response to that."

His most pointed barbs have been exposed to be pure lies, thereby completely deflating their effectiveness.

Edwards, on the other hand, sometimes lost focus, but pretty much made his points with forcefulness and passion. When, after being criticized about his record, he ticked off all the things Cheney voted against when in office, I nearly cheered.

When Edwards pointed out that, as Secretary of Defense, Cheney himself (who had just criticized Kerry for voting against weaonpry) championed the downsizing of our weaponry arsenal, I DID cheer.

Edwards had truth as his own weapon and he used it very effectively. While Cheney did not bumble around like his boss, he was largely ineffective.

I felt that if truthfulness was the measure of who won the debate, then Edwards won by a moderate margin.

But I agree with Nick. I felt Cheney was a much, much better liar.

I must agree, Cheney is an impressive debater, and a great bs'er.

What I've learned from these 3 debates is that Bush is the only one who doesnt' actually deserve to be in the same company as the other three.

Thumbs up Re: Cheney: Thief and Traitor?

Bush deserves to be in prison in the Hague, and Cheney in Leavenworth -- right alongside Ollie North, James Watt, and every other Republican that's used the Constitution as toilet paper for the last 30 years - that's some fine company.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Go Back to forum