• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Where the heck....

Share/Bookmark

Where the heck....

Is Karl Garret?

Just wondering as I haven't seen him around for a while and there's something I want to talk to him about.

Question Re: Where the heck....

Yeah, there are a few that have been either lurking or have totally taken vacations from us. Karl was on my mind yesterday.

Give up Karl and come on in! We got the place surrounded. There's no where for you to hide!
    Styxx

Re: Where the heck....

I saw Karl here somewhere just the other day helping someone, it was something about using Kontakt 1.5 and GPO under Mac OS9.
    Oh, his post that I read was posted in June sorry, so yea, where is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Is Karl Garret?
    So just where is that guy, anyway?

Gosh, I could be locked in my studio for months and my wife wouldn't miss me. Well she might slide some bread and water under the door to keep me alive, But, I'm off the forum for a week ar two and I'm missed? That really touches my heart. Thanks.

This has been a wacky world around here lately. First, my computer went down last week. I didn't know how much my life depended on it. My teaching schedule, my bank account (such as it is), thousands of pieces of music I give to my students etc. not too mention all my GPO pieces just disappeared. It is the emptiest feeling like one's virtual right arm is missing.

Well thank goodness for backups. I learned years ago to be meticulous about backups. But as it turned out nothing was really that wrong and after pulling my hard drive out of the computer and checking it out, I found that everything was intact. But for a while, it was scary. The only thing that kept me from going over the edge, was knowing that I had good backups. So one of my students is lending me his computer while I fuss with mine to get it working again.

I'm also very active in this year's election campaigns. Joani (my wife) and I have been spending literally every extra hour trying to get people to register to vote, doing door-to-door canvases, and talking to as many people as we can on the phone, in behalf of our candidates of choice. This election is so important, and unfortunately, if it's possible, I think we'll be only busier for the next few weeks. I truly hope that each of you who is old enough and who lives in the U.S., will think seriously what is at stake in this election and no matter what you may be doing, on November 2, be sure to take the time to vote.

I have been also making some decisions that will greatly affect my life. I have decided with somewhat mixed feelings to give up our family nursery business in favor of devoting all my working time to music. I have to say that GPO is a major factor in this decision. It has brought back the fun I used to have when making music when I was young. Over the past years, I've spread myself too thin between music and plants. Although I don't think I've been a bad teacher, it is hard to do a good job and be creative when you're worrying about a few thousand poinsettias that are going unsold in the greenhouse.

Yet I will miss the plant business terribly. Watching a plant grow from the miracle of a tiny seed has always brought me joy. The only thing that brings me more pleasure is watching children grow and embrace life's magic around them. I will also miss so many of our wonderful customers who have become our friends over the years, and who have depended on us to make their yards, homes and lives a little more beautiful. Of course I'll still grow things for a hobby, and hopefully some of our customers will stop by and chat while we are tending our perennial beds.

But on the bright side, a have felt lately, a renewed spirit as to my life’s work in music, and as I mentioned above, GPO has been a major catalyst in this renewal. I will now have more time to practice my guitar, which has been seriously lacking. I will also have more time to spend developing and improving my teaching methods, and I'll have more time to spend integrating GPO into these things.

When my wife feels a little blue, she goes shopping. So I took a lesson from her, and to get out of this funk I've been in, I've ordered a new Mac 2.5 GHz. water-cooled G5. I'm so excited since hopefully it will allow me to use GPO live with my guitar. and use it live when teaching. The only drawback is that it won't be here for a few more weeks. That's OK, I guess, since we have more time to work on campaign matters.

So that's what's going on. I’ve missed checking into this forum very much.

By the way, any word on the GPO convention? It would be so great to see everyone here in person.

JB, the best way to get me is to pm me here. I'm in the midst of changing web hosts and my email may be messed up for a while, since I don't have a lot of time to set up new accounts etc. I'm really looking forward to developing my new website after I get my new computer and this election is over. Although my input may be meager, I will be lurking around here again now so watch out what you guys say.

Just love everyone here,

Karl

But, I'm off the forum for a week ar two and I'm missed? That really touches my heart. Thanks.
    Like HELLO! Gag me with a loon! Dang straight you're missed! Besides, don't you owe us some moola la la lala? Don'tcha? I could have swormed you didt!
    Now, let me read the rest of your reply, guy.

Dang crazyazzfool! ayukyukyuk!
    Styxx

Talking Re: Where the heck....

Molly wholly you have been preoccupied for a while there Mr. Karl! Don't feel so bad about your PC mishap. Mine's been down fur a bit too. Sounds like you have a plan there with all the decisions you've made. May I extend my hand ... no wait that hurts. Let me just say I wish you the best of luck and happiness with your new plans. What were they again? Oh, yeah, you are building a replica of the Titanic, no, a ... your baking poinsettias for Easter, no no no that's not it. Give me time here I've had a lot to ponder as well. Like, who the hell had the stupid idea to write a Sci-Fi movie called "Frankenfish"?
    Anywhosawhachamacallit, nice to hear you are here and not over there where here would be near and there is actually here but over there you're there and not really here but only here cause we are here for you when ever you near and ear to hear!
    Gee, Wally.
    Yes Beave
    I wish I was there.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Molly wholly you have been preoccupied for a while there Mr. Karl! Don't feel so bad about your PC mishap. Mine's been down fur a bit too. Sounds like you have a plan there with all the decisions you've made. May I extend my hand ... no wait that hurts. Let me just say I wish you the best of luck and happiness with your new plans. What were they again? Oh, yeah, you are building a replica of the Titanic, no, a ... your baking poinsettias for Easter, no no no that's not it. Give me time here I've had a lot to ponder as well. Like, who the hell had the stupid idea to write a Sci-Fi movie called "Frankenfish"?
    Anywhosawhachamacallit, nice to hear you are here and not over there where here would be near and there is actually here but over there you're there and not really here but only here cause we are here for you when ever you near and ear to hear!
    Gee, Wally.
    Yes Beave
    I wish I was there.
    Wow, check this guy's blood content for alcohol then check his alcohol for blood content. I sure would like to see you at work, Mike. How the heck can you get anything done when you are on line 24/7? Or do you do anything at your school? Or did they just hire you as their GPO spy and they are really a front for EWQLSO or is it ELSQOW or ESLOQU or EQSLOW? Oops!

OH MY WORD! a 2.5 water cooled G5!
    wheeew!

That sucker will fly like an eagle.
    I'm happy for you Karl, I know how much the nursery has meant to you, and I totally understand your admiration for life as we know it.
    Life is too short to not go shopping every now and then huh?
    DPDan

Karl,
    I probably have the most laxed job but at the same time most boring at times than anyone here. I really wish I could install GPO in this lap top. With all this time I could be woikin on some of dem dar instreementals of the glassics!
    Man, maybe you are right. I'll put this bottle down now. Too much ice tea isn't good for anyone I guess.
    So, what's this I hear you purchased a water cooler with a hemi 2.5 overdrive?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    So, what's this I hear you purchased a water cooler with a hemi 2.5 overdrive?
    I also purchased 3 years of the AppleCare protection plan just in case this puppy springs a leak.

Karl

Go Back to forum