• Register
  • Help

Topic: Maestro Tools Not Working in GS3

Share/Bookmark

Maestro Tools Not Working in GS3

Having done everything exactly the way I was doing the process using Gigastudio 2.xx , it seems that maestro tools is not working in GS3. I am seeing midi activity in Maple but I get no sound. When I switch from Maple in to my regular midi inputs in Gigastudio, my midi works fine. I am using a dedicated computer for Gigastudio. Anyone else having this problem?

Question Re: Maestro Tools Not Working in GS3

I use Maestro Tools under HALion and Kontakt - no problems there. Maybe this is a support question for the Giga forum... I guess you already asked there. I know there were a few folks (Joseph Burrell and Haydn) who have installed GS3 - if they have GOS and MT maybe they can comment.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Re: Maestro Tools Not Working in GS3

I don't think I will ever get Tascam's Giga studio, every time I see a post about Giga it is problems, geez

I haven't had a chance to try Maestro Tools yet with Giga 3. Just need to get the darn thing stable first!

No problems here. I just have to make sure Maple is initialized before GS3. Otherwise, Giga grabs the ports and won't let go. If you've already had Giga open, reboot.

BTW, it probably goes without saying but make sure you have the latest version of your MIDI drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    I don't think I will ever get Tascam's Giga studio, every time I see a post about Giga it is problems, geez
    This is funny now, especially since I have GS3 Orchestra and love it!
    LOL !

I have Giga installed on a PC, and Digital Performer on a Mac. The PC is strictly for sample libraries, and the Mac is only used for audio and midi sequencing with DP.

I loaded the Maestro Tools onto the "C" main drive where GS3 Orchestra resides. I used the setup.exe and I also have a shortcut to Maple on the desktop.

I assume that Maestro Tools needs to be on the PC and not the Mac. If I understand it correctly, Maple takes the midi inputs from the RME Hammerfall HDSP 9652 soundcard before Giga can get ahold of them, and therefore all midi from my Mac goes through Maple/Maestro Tools first, is that correct?

Here's where I am stumped...... I went to Garritan's website and found out that in order to use Meastro Tools, I need to get a serial number from Gary. So I contacted Marianne since Gary is at the NAMM show and she quickly emailed me the serial number.

When I completed the setup on the PC, there was no option or prompt to enter the serial number.

If anyone would be so kind to let me know what I need to do I would appreciate it.

Thanks, DPDAN

Fermata got me goin'
    Thank you Fermata!
    DPDAN

Go Back to forum