• Register
  • Help

Topic: A BIG "Thank you" to all!

A BIG "Thank you" to all!

Hello all!

In hopes of not sounding too cheesy (would you like swiss or chedder), I just want to thank every single one of you here on the GPO forum. I've been wanting to post this for a while, but school, work and oh yeah, life, has taken up a chunk of my freetime (what's that?)

As a student for composition and a GPO user I come to the forum VERY often and I always feel such an awesome rush of inspiration from the posts I read! This forum lets me know that there are people out there who are the best at what they do and are still willing to give their all and go out of thier way to give a helping hand. There is just an outstanding vibe of friendship here on the forum, I love it. I'm proud to be part of this friendship.

I'm so used to people acting like they're too good to give anyone the time of day because they're past all of that. I'm a paramedic of 8 years and I have a BIG heart. I do everything in my power for patients! I always help the new guys (rookie paramedics) out as much as I can and I go out of my way to help them out too. I need to get out of the medical field though, it kills me inside to know that there's only so much I can do to save a life and they stilll slip away I'm REALLY getting burned out and it's getting to me.

Once again, I want to thank you all for everything that you are doing! Please keep this good thing going.

Captain Hook (if you see Pan let me know!)

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: A BIG "Thank you" to all!

You're not Captain James T Hook are you? The famous captain of the Enterprise?

Look, all of us here I am sure are very delighted in having you here as a big part of this forum and GPO family. As much as I love music and respect those of the past and present as composers and musicians, I have a deep admiration for those who take the time to care for their fellow human beings and go out of their way to make sure others are safe and healthy. Your job as a paramedic is not an easy one for I have friends who are in the same capacity. I guess what I am trying to say is, thanks for caring about your fellow man. It is indeed a heavy load to carry but one I am sure you are damn good at!
    So, I hope I didn't sound too Limburgerie! Keep up the good work and know that there are people that count one you and appreciate who you are and what you do.

You Scwewy Wabbit you!

Re: A BIG "Thank you" to all!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    You're not Captain James T Hook are you? The famous captain of the Enterprise?
    Spaced: in front of a beer. These are the voyages of the starship Second Prize...

Okay, it's early and I still haven't had enough coffee yet.

I agree wholeheartedly, both with the vibe in this forum and the gratitude for those of you who risk life, limb and what little spare time you have to be making music in order to put us back together again after we've done something foolish. I mean, not that I've personally ever done anything foolish, but, you know, I read the papers...

Re: A BIG "Thank you" to all!

James, I admire what you do, and understand the stress, sadness and joy that you experience from day to day. Just remember that the ones that did not slip by, well....., it was because of your big heart that you did everything you possibly could for them. That is in large part, the reason they did not slip by.
    Listen to as much music as you can.

Go Back to forum