• Register
  • Help

Topic: Idiots Guide to Portamento

Share/Bookmark

Idiots Guide to Portamento

Hey everyone,

I'm working on an orchestral mock up and I need to be able to do stiring slides. Can anyone give me a step by step approach to doing this? I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks alot,
    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: Idiots Guide to Portamento

Hmmm... Is there a need for this as a tutorial? I don't think there's currently a tutorial up on portamento. I wish I could get better results or I'd do it myself.

It's a tutorial I'd certainly read and appreciate.

Although I must say I've never cared for the "for Dummys", "for Idiots", book titles. Being a beginner is not the same as being an idiot. Er, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Evil Genius: "I can't believe that a man of my genius is surrounded by idiots!"

Wise Guy Hero: "How much of a genius can you be if you allowed yourself to be surrounded? And by idiots, no less!"

Sorry, just a flippant kinda day, I suppose...

Chris

Also, Johnny, the process for achieving optimum portamento results using the stringed instruments and the trombone will be changing soon. The woodwinds and the rest of the brass are unaffected by this change. I'm writing something on the new feature, but it is pretty broad in spectrum and only goes into how to do it, since I'm not proficient enough to give exact pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Also, Johnny, the process for achieving optimum portamento results using the stringed instruments and the trombone will be changing soon. The woodwinds and the rest of the brass are unaffected by this change. I'm writing something on the new feature, but it is pretty broad in spectrum and only goes into how to do it, since I'm not proficient enough to give exact pointers.
    Joseph, please, keep quiet about the new features!!! I'm running out of nails!!!

Anton

Quote Originally Posted by galvedro
    Joseph, please, keep quiet about the new features!!! I'm running out of nails!!!

Anton

He-he-he....

Go Back to forum