• Register
  • Help

Topic: Just some completely random abstract jazz I made.

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Just some completely random abstract jazz I made.

I was just sorta messing around and made this.

http://www.unitedidiotpictures.com/media/randomjazz.mp3

It's not really supposed to be taken seriously, as the only thing I actually made to rhythmically fit in with the music was the double bass and the percussion - the rest of it is pretty much free-form, paying no attention to melody or jazz rhythm or anything. I was kind of intrigued by the way it turned out. Give it a listen; but jazz isn't my strength, since whenever I put a jazz piece together that's supposed to sound serious I compose it badly.

Mostly it showcases how GPO can be used for many different styles of music, including postmodern, surreal jazz.

Incidentally, some of you may remember my short film back in February called "MotherTrucker", which I scored using GPO. Rest assured that more are on their way, scheduled to be finished in early November if all goes well. I really want them to be the best pieces I've created, not only as films, but as movie scores as well. I'll post 'em here when they're done - and if I fail to do that, you can find them at my website, www.unitedidiotpictures.com.

Enjoy.

Re: Just some completely random abstract jazz I made.

I don't know about anyone else but that was freaking COOL! Love the realism of the percussion. Nice job.
    Like I feel like putting on some cool shades and moseying on down to the poets lounge and jiving with the cats. Man, like way out there man. Like powder on the people ... like right arm man ... farm out. Way too cool love the vibes digs the pigskin clang the metal man. Like cooooool dadio!
    Styxx

What a riot, coooool!

Thumbs up Re: Just some completely random abstract jazz I made.

Mingus LIVES! [and got symphonic, pretensiously, of course!]

Love it! KevinKauai

Glad you guys liked it. Sooner or later, hopefully, I might be able to put something like this together which actually pays attention to melody and doesn't bizarrely depart from the rhythm - like in that bit at 00:24 seconds when the beat stops unexpectedly and awkwardly, like it tripped over something.

This is really impressive. Due to forum rules against expletives, I can't really be as emphatic as I'd like to be, but this was just darned impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepretod
    I was just sorta messing around and made this.

Mostly it showcases how GPO can be used for many different styles of music, including postmodern, surreal jazz.

Enjoy.
    Whoa! Very nice! Quite inspiring.

Go Back to forum