• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help with Program Numbers

Share/Bookmark

Help with Program Numbers

I just had a really bad thing happen. I have returned to an important job for a rewrite. I loaded up the old Gigafile and discovered many of the instruments have the wrong instrument number. I think this is due to my initial working process... While I was picking sounds for the job I overloaded my RAM and had to continuously unload sounds. The result were numerous holes in the program numbers. ( ie I had programs from 1-15 17-20 23-28 etc...) Now 2 weeks later its appears that gigastudio reloaded the instruments and didn\'t care what instrument numbers they originally were and thus filled the gaps. (Now instrument 17 is 16 etc...) Of course what this means is that all my sequencer settings and names are now wrong.

This is TERRIBLE and a bad way to have a program work. Not to mention that It appears you can\'t assign a new instrument number to any instrument you want. Does anyone have a work around to this - or any suggestions - ??????? I appreciate the help !!!

I am using a PIII 800 w/ 512 Ram and Gigastudio 160 version 2.01 (Will upgrading to 2.5 solve this???)

Re: Help with Program Numbers

This was a bug in the original GigaStudio and has been resolved in later versions including the 2.50 versions. You will probably have to recreate your performance after upgrading.

Re: Help with Program Numbers

Originally posted by Haydn:
    This was a bug in the original GigaStudio and has been resolved in later versions including the 2.50 versions. You will probably have to recreate your performance after upgrading.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Haydn... I will give it a try !!

Go Back to forum