• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is the Delta66 cost effective and worthy?

Share/Bookmark

Is the Delta66 cost effective and worthy?

I need more than the 1 stereo output of my M-audio Audiophile 2496. 4 outs will do nicely. I can get a Delta66 for less than $200 used. The Audiophile 2496 has behaved well and the sound quality is adequate for my needs.

Is the Delta66 the best choice for around $200? Works well with Giga?Sounds good?
    Thanks,
    Gabriel

Re: Is the Delta66 cost effective and worthy?

In my case I have a MIA, and I'd also like more than one stereo output. I want one to go the the speakers, the other to the headphones.

I'm considering getting a cheap/used consumer A/V receiver. I'll be able to route one of the virtual outputs to the analog output for the monitors and another to the digital output for the cans. I will be able to do the same in Sonar (or Vegas), since the MIA has four virtual outs.

Does the 2496 have separate routing for the analog and digital outputs, or are they ganged?

Anyway, for the MIA the separate analog/digital routing may prove to be quite handy.

-JF

I believe that the 2496 has in essence 2 stereo outputs- 2 chan. analog, 2 chan. digital- not ganged together... if memory serves me correctly.
    Jason DeWater aka Lickety-Split
    Very busy, yet always unproductive.
    Some of my music is here:
    http://www.audiostreet.net/jasondewater

The Delta 66 is a fine choice. I believe that with M-Audio's drivers, the AP2496 and Delta 66 can be ganged together, although I have not used that particular combination myself. The Delta sounds and performs as well as the AP2496, and the breakout box can be handy.

--Eric

I have the Delta66

Easy to use, good performance, no messing and no extras.

Solid soundcard.

I am also using the Delta66 (with Omni front end) and it is a good, solid, reliable card. The GSIF2 drivers (.48a) also seem equally stable - although I've only used them for a little bit.

Other newer cards eclipse the Delta66 in some features and specs. but it is a well known quantity and certainly a good value.

Definitely recommended.

I just found a comment from Bruce Richardson in another thread:

"There is one caveat I'd mention...the MIDI port is not very well isolated. Turn up your mixer and run the Mod wheel up and down rapidly."

Does the Delta 66 suffer from the same problem. If so, what would be another similar soundcard that doesn't have the problem?
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabriels
    I just found a comment from Bruce Richardson in another thread:

"There is one caveat I'd mention...the MIDI port is not very well isolated. Turn up your mixer and run the Mod wheel up and down rapidly."

Does the Delta 66 suffer from the same problem. If so, what would be another similar soundcard that doesn't have the problem?
    Gabriel
    The Delta66 doesn't have an on-board midi port so no issues there. I use USB midi so I cannot comment whether a PCI midi card affects the Delta66 but technically it shouldn't.

FYI, the Omni front end doesn't have midi ports either.

Well, That's interesting.... you're right... no midi port. I wonder what Bruce meant!
    Gabriel

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I was speaking of the Delta 1010.

I'd look at a Gina 3G, too. Nice for the price, very nice. Lot's of capability, lots of connectivity, good drivers...it's all there.

Go Back to forum