• Register
  • Help

Topic: When this is over...

Share/Bookmark

When this is over...

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I hope in a few short weeks, when this election is over, we can return to having other topics in the OT section. It's draining to be watching the news coverage and all day in and day out.

You won't see me in here on the day after the election rubbing it in your face if Bush wins, or scowling and bitching if Kerry wins. I believe that Bush is the better candidate, but in the end, you have to go on living your life and not get tainted with the poisons of either side.

Eric
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Eric Doggett
    MoonDog Media
    www.moondogmedia.net

Re: When this is over...

I appreciate your attitude on this. I have a similar position on principal, however...

If the vote is exceptionally close, the vote fixing accusations will come up no matter who wins. I'm hoping for at least a five state margin for the victor - even if the popular vote is 50-49. If it comes down to a recount in Rhode Island, it'll be a mess.

After experiencing the aftertaste of Election 2000, I can say that if either side believes that the election was stolen, the discussions will be bitter. Losing is one thing. Feeling cheated is another.

One think I really resent about Bush is that he had a mandate that he did not live up to - to listen to all of us. To take all our needs into account. To govern from the center. To truly be a uniter. He has failed miserably in this regard.

They say that his strength is to lead from his convictions. That's just another way to say that he acts on the neo-con agenda and doesn't listen to anybody else. It's not healthy and will continue to divide us.

People may call Kerry a flip flopper, but it really means that he is more moderate and accomodating. He's certainly not the candidate of the left (Kucinich), nor is he a conservative in Democrat's clothing (Lieberman, Zell Miller). Kerry is a centrist.

I strongly hope that Kerry is elected. Yes, the right wing will paint him as a pinko, but his positions are much more closely aligned with America's center.

In the end, let's hope that the real, legal votes swamp out any of the dirty tricks or questionable practices that may come into play this November.

The country needs it.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Doggett
    I hope in a few short weeks, when this election is over, we can return to having other topics in the OT section. It's draining to be watching the news coverage and all day in and day out.

You won't see me in here on the day after the election rubbing it in your face if Bush wins, or scowling and bitching if Kerry wins. I believe that Bush is the better candidate, but in the end, you have to go on living your life and not get tainted with the poisons of either side.

Eric
    I won't be rubbing anyone's nose in it when Kerry wins. I'll be too happy.

Political distinctions aside, yes, I hope whomever wins is decisive, for the exact same reasons.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Eric Doggett
    MoonDog Media
    www.moondogmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    It is addictive. This campaign reminds me of how I got caught up watching the O.J. Simpson trial. I just couldn't believe that he could get off.

For what's it's worth, I listened to the entire O.J. trial. Had I been on the jury, I would have acquitted also. WAY too much reasonable doubt.

Go Back to forum