• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO vs EWQLSO

Share/Bookmark

GPO vs EWQLSO

hy friends,

i want to tell you of my experience of the ever lasting question what's the best GPO or EWQLSO silver.
    So what, i have tried to do a mockup on one of my songs "Madrid's pain", everbody here knows (i hope, if not ,you can listen on the GPO Demosite), using EWQLSO Silver.

So let me tell you, that i never get satified with any results, so i discarded my work on it.
    It is not that Silver sounds bad, there are some beautiful patches, and the DFX Patches are very useful, but i never get this spirit and emotional feeling of the song, it always sounds very hard.
    All i have to say is: Gary, you're on the right way.

Silver is useful for some bombastical music or for addition to the GPO Brass.
    So every library has its position. Best way is to have both.

PS: Excuse my bad english

andy

Re: GPO vs EWQLSO

I absolutely agree with you on this. I've just recently completed a project using both. EWQLSO is definitely one to go for if you want big Hollywood-style brass etc,. GPO is more subtle. The English Horn is simply beautiful. I also find GPO slightly more versatile. However, I will continue to use both as they are equally good in their own right.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tony patterson
    I absolutely agree with you on this. I've just recently completed a project using both. EWQLSO is definitely one to go for if you want big Hollywood-style brass etc,. GPO is more subtle.
    There really are some nice, subtle sounds in the brass. However, I was happy to see the ff French Horn, as I'm working on something now where I need that brassy, powerful, over the top horn and was afraid I couldn't get it with GPO. The ff horn may have been meant to use as an overlay, but it stands alone quite nicely for this application.

Being fairly new to GPO, this prompts me to ask what's probably a very basic question. Is it possible through the player to tweak eq, timbre, etc. on the brass to get that loud, pompous, overblown "procession of kings" kind of sound? I'm guessing there's much more horsepower in the brass than I've discovered in my short time with it.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Wait until the update Christopher. Just wait and you will see.

You guys keep hinting towards the update. Well, I want the update...NOW!....I'm gonna go pout and make (or attempt) to make a song with GPO now
    Tim

Don't worry it is not far away now. Things are wrapping up quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Wait until the update Christopher. Just wait and you will see.
    Coolness!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum