• Register
  • Help

Topic: WAV file mapping to instrument

Share/Bookmark

WAV file mapping to instrument

Hello everyone!

I know it might sound trivial but I just can\'t find how to map a .wav sample to a new region of a new .gig file...
    I\'ve tried with the instrument wizard etc etc..
    I\'ve looked in the help menu but I guess i\'m missing on something that\'s probably obvious right??
    Anyhow..anyone with the info would greatly be welcomed!
    Thanks for your help.

Yves

Re: WAV file mapping to instrument

\'drag & drop\' the wav into the Velocity window from the explorer box in the lower left hand corner in the Editor. Drag and drop with the left mouse button if it a tuned sample (you want it to change pitch over a region) and with your right if it is untuned (such as a drum hit).

Hope this helps.

Scott

btw, don\'t forget you need to first import the wav into the Editor. You can drag and drop files and folders right from your windows explorer into the Editor Explorer.

S

Hey Scott...thanks for your help but I\'m trying to do this as you describe but I can\'t get the .wav file to \"drag and drop\" into the velocity window of the editor...this is what I do..I create for example, an instrument with 1 or 2 region to keep things simple at this point . I create the instrument with the help of the instrument wizard then I import a .wav file from the sample pool window on the lower left field of the editor..actually, next to the velocity window as you mentioned then when I click on a .wav file and hold the left mouse button also. But when I drag the file . the mouse icon turns from the arrow to a circle with a diagonal line going through..is that because the file can\'t be dragged for an unknown reason??
    Something\'s weird..any thoughts??
    Thanks again for your time!

peace

yves

hey Scott...I finally figured it out..
    I was trying to import stereo samples into a mono region..duh....!
    Well now it works!!
    thanks very much for the tip!!

peace

Yves

glad my silence helped.

S

Go Back to forum