• Register
  • Help

Topic: who is coming out with 24 bit samples for GS 3?

Share/Bookmark

who is coming out with 24 bit samples for GS 3?

I can see a limited number of sample libraries available in 24 bit format for GS. I know that the PMI Bose is now available. I believe the Vintaudio pianos will be out very soon in 24 bit format for GS 3.

What about all this Vienna Symphony Orchestra samples.... will they be in 24 bit for GS3 at some time?

What about project SAM brass?
    What about Garritan Gigaharp?
    Any other Nylon string Guitars?

Or is it unnecessary?

Thanks,

David

Re: who is coming out with 24 bit samples for GS 3?

Lastufka is working on a new nylon guitar library.

Stay happy with the slimmer 16 bit samples and mix them in 24 or 32 bit before you waste precious CPU and Ram resources on 24 bit samples...

Make sure you can absolutely really HEAR the difference between 16 and 24 bit samples from the same library, before you waste 50% of your precious resources!

For orchestral mixes using 24 bit samples is a waste; you won't hear the difference in the final mix. For solo or small ensemble settings 24 bit may be better.

I'm more interested in the developers taking advantage of the extra dimensions and Imidi rules in GS3 to create more expressive multi-velocity complex articulations than 24 bit samples.

Quote Originally Posted by chambermusic
    What about all this Vienna Symphony Orchestra samples.... will they be in 24 bit for GS3 at some time?
    Given that some of the VSL provided samples in GS3 Orchestra are 24-bit, I assume they will eventually release something in 24-bit format.

The Bardstown Audio Bosendorfer grand is out in 24 bit now. I have the 16 bit version. From the website: www.bardstownaudio.com

'Our fine collection of sample libraries includes the Bosendorfer Imperial Grand, Model 290,the First 24 Bit Sampled Piano In The World! No other sampled piano sounds amazingly real for both live playing and recording applications, and sits exceptionally well in a mix with other instruments. This sampled piano is considered by the vast majority of people to be: the best sounding, the most playable, and the most useable sampled piano in the world!'

All of the Bardstown products will be in 24-bit at some point. The Bosendorfer is avalible now in 24-bit, and it sounds excellent.

Go Back to forum