• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does anyone else have this problem?

Share/Bookmark

Does anyone else have this problem?

When I open my sequencer in Gigastudio I can only playback midi, my audio tracks won\'t sound. I am warned when the sequencer opens that another program is using the Mona\'s 1,2 out. Does anyone else have this problem? I have to use 1,2 out unless I use my computer speakers for the audio out.

Re: Does anyone else have this problem?

Thats quite normal. The two programs can not share the same pair of audio outputs. To use the two at the same time, you need to disable the outputs in the GigaStudio that you want to use in the sequencer. In the sequencer, you should then disable the audio channels that the Giga is using and enable the ones that are disabled in the GigaStudio. In the end, it requires multiple outputs and a mixer to run the two at the same time using audio.
    Hope this helps
    Dave

Re: Does anyone else have this problem?

i\'m not sure what is meant by a mixer here. no need for a physical mixer, i don\'t think. just set outs 3,4 (or whatever) in Giga (not the same as assigned to Sonar...assuming 1,2 are the main outs from Sonar to an Amp or monitoring stuff.), throw some cables from outs 3,4 to ins 1,2 on Mona, and you got audio and Giga at the same time...

Go Back to forum