• Register
  • Help

Topic: Judicious Use Of NFX Reverb

Share/Bookmark

Judicious Use Of NFX Reverb

Hello,

Can anyone describe (step-by-step) how I can route some or all Giga performance instruments through a single NFX reverb? I am running out of processing bandwidth and really don\'t need individual control of for each instrument.

Also, what are the strategies between overall reverb and individual reverb application?

Thanks for the help.

Re: Judicious Use Of NFX Reverb

Just use the aux of giga. Set up a good reverb with NO DRY OUT at all in it, then send whatever channel thru it at the level you need it.

This aux, try to send it on it\'s own giga out (i use 32 channel, so all effect are going out to 31-32).

Re: Judicious Use Of NFX Reverb

Originally posted by marcuspocus:
    Just use the aux of giga. Set up a good reverb with NO DRY OUT at all in it, then send whatever channel thru it at the level you need it.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Marcus, I figured out how to connect an instrument\'s channel to an aux bus last night. Per your \"No DRY OUT\" suggestion, would I also include some of the sound (no reverb)of the instrument(s) through their original channels or just the signal coming out of the aux bus and is that the same as adding some DRY OUT in the reverb?

This aux, try to send it on it\'s own giga out (i use 32 channel, so all effect are going out to 31-32.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Not sure how to assign an aux channel to a giga out channel (32). I was able to send the aux out to two channels of my Echo Mia card though.

Does anyone have any general guidelines for using reverb on individual vs. groups of instruments (or reverb in general)? I have little to no experience in this aspect of audio so any suggestions would be of great help. - Thanks -

Go Back to forum