• Register
  • Help

Topic: For the impatients...

For the impatients...

Hi g's
    To shorten your waiting for the update next week, here some leftovers from my test folder:
    Would make a nice ringtone for my cellphone....

Some stress test for Garys harp:
    Only for people interested in modern composition with tonal centers...

There was some serious stuff also:
    William Byrd, England ca 1540 - 1623
    Scope: Testing solo woodwinds (famous clicking problem: finaly disapeared...)
    This performance was made without expression in order to get the sound of "early music".

Most of the time testing is a pretty boring task and sounds like this:
    Scope: Testing overlapping notes on solo woodwinds

At the time you start to hate the sound of oboe, you have to do something:

Scope: Testing the full string patches without controllers and adding just controlled solo violin and cello to give it a "color". This is the fastest sketch technique ever: You can play the full string orchestra in one pass and just add accents with solo instruments when needed. Notice the oboe in the repetition (second half): to give it more emotional touch, I added low volume piccolo with vibrato 1 octave on top... Thanks to Ennio Morricone (and sorry for the sloppy mockup) for his beautyfull soundtracks.

Have a nice weekend

Re: For the impatients...

Thanks a bunch for posting these. I am really looking forward to checking out the full string orchestra patch.

You have a nice weekend yourself! :-)

For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

UK- teeming with life....

Thanks a lot Rene...very considerate of you to give us a little insight. I liked the Byrd and Gabriels oboe.....nice.....

thanks for posting these rené.
    i'm all of a dither meself.

mick ó c

Go Back to forum