• Register
  • Help

Topic: Just wanted to say...

Share/Bookmark

Just wanted to say...

I RECEIVED GPO TODAY!

Yes! Yes! Yes! I'm so happy! I ordered it last tuesday and received it this friday afternoon! Although I am VERY excited, I'm thinking about waiting with the install until the patch has arrived: than I won't have to learn things all over again and I won't be bothered by problems the non-patched version might have... Also, I'm expecting Sonar 4 PE to arrive next wednesday (hopefully, no guarantees from my dealer...), so I might even wait until after that: than I can REALLY make a brand new start in my music making career! I could of course fool around with the programs that come with GPO but I'd rather learn it all by using Sonar 4 PE, so...

This is going to be a GREAT week!!! But don't expect my first GPO-composition very soon, because I'm quit a prefectionist and I want my first piece to be good. And since GPO (and SOnar 4) have so much possibilities it may take a while before I will be satisfied with my own work.

Re: Just wanted to say...

Install it now. I'm pretty sure the upgrade needs the original installation of GPO on the computer already. Even without sonar, you can play with GPO in stand-alone mode and start experimenting. You can even install the included version of Overture and GPO Studio. Write something original or import a midi file and start making music right away.

Have fun,
    Jeff

Thumbs up Re: Just wanted to say...

Ello Hellogood!
    Welcome to the realm of realization with one of if not THE BEST sample library in the world today!
    Hey, go ahead and install GPO and start playing some of the samples! There is really nothing wrong with the software. The updates are really improvements brought upon the developer's genuine interests in the users concerns and feedback. When it is time to download the upgrades I am told it will go as smooth as a baby's behind! (Hopefully not a dirty one)
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by hellogood
    I RECEIVED GPO TODAY!

Yes! Yes! Yes! I'm so happy! I ordered it last tuesday and received it this friday afternoon! Although I am VERY excited, I'm thinking about waiting with the install until the patch has arrived: than I won't have to learn things all over again and I won't be bothered by problems the non-patched version might have... Also, I'm expecting Sonar 4 PE to arrive next wednesday (hopefully, no guarantees from my dealer...), so I might even wait until after that: than I can REALLY make a brand new start in my music making career! I could of course fool around with the programs that come with GPO but I'd rather learn it all by using Sonar 4 PE, so...

This is going to be a GREAT week!!! But don't expect my first GPO-composition very soon, because I'm quit a prefectionist and I want my first piece to be good. And since GPO (and SOnar 4) have so much possibilities it may take a while before I will be satisfied with my own work.

Well, you will find that GPO is easier to learn than Sonar, but it is a very good combination. My method is usually to skim the books, fiddle with the software a bit, then read the books again with more attention to detail. I think it is a good idea to wait for Sonar before using GPO Studio, as you could create some unnecessary confusion for yourself. Overture is okay, but not near the quality of Sonar.

There are many features of GPO that I have not made much use of, mostly because my current music interest has been pipe organ and piano composition. Maybe because that is where most of my experience is? But I will return to more instruments eventually.

Once you star with these programs, you will have difficulty in walking away from the computer!

Richard Wayland

You will need to do the original install to install the library files as the update only updates the program files. So load and enjoy!

Hey Hellogood,

Just in time huh? Very Cool. Enjoy GPO and let us know if you have any problems.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Go Back to forum