• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Kirk Hunter "Classical Snippets" Now Posted

Share/Bookmark

Kirk Hunter "Classical Snippets" Now Posted

The first group of demos called Classical Snippets are now posted at www.kirkhunter.com. Please read the accompanying text for each demo to see its purpose and what it demonstrates.

These first group of demos show the library:

1. in far mic open position

2. dry (no outside effects added) and with several examples following of different reverb units, notably Waves TruVerb, Lexicon PCM 90 and the convolution reverb within Logic.

3. no EQ

In short, all examples were with the Concert Strings "out of the box."

Using selected excerpts from the literature, the demos show:

1. 6-, 7-, and 8-part dense vertical harmony done on a single GS system, thus demonstrating that Concert Strings are polyphony friendly. This type of harmony is used in film, classical, and pop scoring dates.

2. the absence of the dreaded "organ" effect that plagues libraries when more than 3-part vertical harmony is used.

3. 5-part pizzicato from Tchaikovsky's 4th Symphony (showing a technique often used in the scores of John Williams, such as Basket Game from Raider's of the Lost Ark).

4. Heavy marcato from the Rite of Spring as used in a multitude of action and adventure flicks.

POINT - Kirk Hunter's Concert Strings work in all musical genre.

DROP INS by Ashley Witt
    These examples require some explanation. Many of us who sequence have selected pieces stored that to test a new library, we simply "drop in" the new patches to see how they perform. These examples should be considered in that light.

EXPANDED LIBRARY
    Those who pre-order are getting the Basic Solo Strings, Close Mics, Distant Mics and now the Far Mics. As such, the size of the library has nearly doubled to be 100GB.

GIGASTUDIO EXCLUSIVE
    Kirk Hunter's Concert Strings is the ONLY LIBRARY in GS Format with Close, Far and Distant Mic Positions. It's 100GB size includes full ensembles for all sections (open and muted), chamber ensembles for all sections (open and muted) with close, far and distant string positions. Whether on a PIII or a P4, Concert Strings is polyphony friendly.

Concert Strings is specifically designed to import into Kontakt and Mach 5. We have not yet tested HALion 3.

PRE-ORDER SPECIAL ENDS ON OCT 31
    At midnight PST, Oct 31, 2004, the pre-order price of $399US ends. On November 1, the price goes up to $499 US. On NOV 15, we are expecting the entire library to be back from duplication and shipping.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

Re: Kirk Hunter "Classical Snippets" Now Posted

Why does Kirk have 2 different websites showing these demos and the other not?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaibulu
    Why does Kirk have 2 different websites showing these demos and the other not?
    We built www.kirkhunter.com specifically for Kirk and his libraries. The orders can be placed there or at www.truespec.com.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

I have just listened to the new "classic snippet" demos and thought they were absolutely dreadful.

I'd whip them off straight away and get some better demos done.

I have the beta CD and the samples are nowhere near as bad as these demos would suggest.

Then Mark, why not post a snippet of the libraries good side.

Good point, Aaron....

I am merely trying to help Kirk and Peter by suggesting they should really consider whether those demos are going to help sell the library or not....

Pay me, and I'll do a demo!

Pay you?? I'll pay you a nickel.

Talking Re: Kirk Hunter "Classical Snippets" Now Posted

when do you want me to start?

i think the demos are too short to show something to get into it.

also it seems that there are no up/down samples or repetitions on the library ... could this be or am i missing something ?? sorry if i maybe did overread something but i think "today" we need at least some alternate staccato samples or up/down bows for legato.

my 1,99 cents

Quote Originally Posted by peter269
    These first group of demos show the library:

1. in far mic open position

2. dry (no outside effects added) and with several examples following of different reverb units, notably Waves TruVerb, Lexicon PCM 90 and the convolution reverb within Logic.

I still don't get it. Where's the examples with 'far mic open position'? I can only find dry demos and dry with added reverb... I might be blind.. corect me and post a link to the 'far mic' versions.

/Tobias

Go Back to forum