• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New Giga 3.02 Update fixes Rewire issues.

Share/Bookmark

New Giga 3.02 Update fixes Rewire issues.

Hi guys

Version 3.02 of Gigastudio is now available for download on Tascam's site.

It fixes the Rewire issues that most have experienced. This patch is running extremely stable on my system, and I have tested the Rewire extensively, and found no more issues, with either doing a fast or realtime export.

Note that you need to read the documentation, especially the part where you assign your Rewire Midi and not the actual Gigastudio Midi ports when you export, because then you wont get any signal when exporting in fast mode.

Cheers

Dave

Re: New Giga 3.02 Update fixes Rewire issues.

Any word on other bugs fixed? The hanging notes on program changes are my bigggest problem right now.

-JF

No other bug fixes listed other than the Rewire stuff.

This is interesting:

"When using GS3 in ReWire mode, without MIDI port processing tools such as the VSL Performance tool or Garritan's Maestro Tool, the ReWire MIDI ports should be used. This will allow either real time or faster than real time ReWire audio rendering. Do not use the GS3 MIDI ports."

I was wondering if you could use rewire with the VSL performance tool. Looks like you can, although I'm still not sure what it would look like.

Anyone here using the VSL Performance Tool or Garritan Maestro Tool with GS3 under Rewire?

David

Unhappy Re: New Giga 3.02 Update fixes Rewire issues.

ew.sys capture STILL not fixed.
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Rewire working fine now. Nice update....thanks Tascam!

BillC

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

3.02 was just about ReWire, getting those problems fixed and getting those solutions in the field as quickly as possible. For single-machine users, that was probably the most debilitating bug.

Just make sure you are reporting problems directly to Tascam with clear, concise formulas for reproduction. That is the key to getting them fixed, since people work so many different ways and with so many variables in their different machines. For instance, I have never seen some of the crashes that other people report. I don't doubt they exist. Just that the way I work, or my particular hardware combination, may not expose them.

Well, reporting to Tascam is good advice, however it would nice to at the very least have the contact acknowledged. I have emailed them, and their reponse has been silence. Not even an auto response.

As to rewire, I am getting CPU spikes, so I continue to be dead in the water. Am I supposed to email again, and once again get no response?

No, I'll just be told by others on the forum that it's my fault, user error, wrong configuration etc. etc. etc.

OK. So WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO to get this working? I've done the tweaks recommended, i.e. update drivers, disable Quick Sound, disable Powercore etc. etc. etc. It still doesn't work.

BTW, 2.54 worked flawlessly. Seems to me that since that is the case it's NOT my setup, but something that Tascam has screwed up.

At this point I will be told, make sure you contact Tascam . . . Uh huh. And so the cycle continues.

Bah!

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Lougheed, I am sympathetic to your frustration, and hope your situation with GS3 improves soon. I for one am happy to see clear evidence that Tascam is working on sorting out all of the issues with GS3. Considering how long we had to wait for the software to be released, I was sceptical that we would see updates at all for awhile (thinking that if they couldn't sort out these problems in 3+ years of development how could they sort them out in a few weeks of general release?)

Yet we have seen two fairly significant updates already, and there promises to be more. Keep it up Tascam!

Regards,

David

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    Just make sure you are reporting problems directly to Tascam with clear, concise formulas for reproduction.
    Bruce,

If you have any "pull" with Tascam, can you get them to set-up some type of "GS3 Suspected Bug" email?

Currently, there are only two ways to contact Tascam about errors:

1. Call them:
    From my perspective it is easier to document errors in writing. Also, calling them is not pratical for those outside the US

2. Fill out their "General Info" Submission form:
    Unfortunately there are "pull-down choices" but none of them mention "bug reports". The closest one is "General Information". Also, using an on-line form with a very small text entry box makes it difficult to provide detailed information. The on-line form doesn't even support line breaks so your submission is one big sentence.

Smile Re: New Giga 3.02 Update fixes Rewire issues.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Any word on other bugs fixed? The hanging notes on program changes are my bigggest problem right now.

-JF
    Although the update documentation doesn't mention it, there appears to be some progress on the problem with treating MIDI program changes. With 3.0 and 3.01 GS3 would completely ignore any program changes sent by Sibelius 3, but it looks that at least some are getting through with 3.02. I've configured Sibelius to only send Bank low and program changes and this appears to work.

Go Back to forum