• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anybody want a Terratec EWX 24/96?

Share/Bookmark

Anybody want a Terratec EWX 24/96?

This isn't a joke.
    With the problems of audio capture and this particular card, I've been forced to buy a new audio card- Audiophile 24/96, cheap and it works for what I need it to do.
    I'm willing to send the Terratec card without charge to a person who may want it... it is in good condition- I just have no use for it.
    PM me off list if interested- probably just send me pre-paid packaging so I can send it off and not worry about it.
    First one to contact me can have it!

This card still works great for GS2.54- and probably will be fixed soon for GS3, so who knows?
    Jason DeWater aka Lickety-Split
    Very busy, yet always unproductive.
    Some of my music is here:
    http://www.audiostreet.net/jasondewater

Re: Anybody want a Terratec EWX 24/96?

lol Imagine my situation. I got both an EWX2496 and a Phase 28. How's the audiophile working out for you?

Yes, I couldn't stand it any longer- not being able to record your work can drive you nuts.
    The audiophile 24/96 is working very well with GS3.02- I have the GSIF2 drivers loaded with it. I'm glad I made the switch, and am amused that nobody has PMed me with interest in the EWX, ha.

Looks like a good and cheap alternative to me. lol Can I interest anyone for an EWX2496, a Phase 22 and a Phase 28?

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Witkam
    Looks like a good and cheap alternative to me. lol Can I interest anyone for an EWX2496, a Phase 22 and a Phase 28?
    Is there any word that Terratec is not going to make GSIF2 drivers for the Phase series?

Well, Terratec Germanty hasn't responded to any emails yet. The Dutch customer support claims they only handle the consumers products, and do not know anything about drivers. In the meanwhile I'm out of work, while I have to score a film...

It's been claimed!
    Strange, but I'm not too sad to see it go.

Don't expect much from their tech-support.. what a waste, I am never buying Terratec related products again.

It's too bad. The sound quality of the EWX 24/96 is on par with many cards that cost 4 times as much as it, but Terratec's lack of customer service is leading me to look elsewhere.

I've ordered the M-audio Audiophile today for 88 €. That's about the same price the Phase 22 costed me.

Go Back to forum