Topic: EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Silver Edition

Share/Bookmark

Cool EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Silver Edition

Just got my Symphonic Orchestra Silver Edition,
    and I can't use it the way I thought I'd be able
    to use it...So I'm sellin' it... It hasn't been used
    one time...After I got it... I found out I couldn't
    use it the way I planned...

The original price is $295 without tax...

I'm sellin' it for $250...

And I, myself will pay for 2 day shipping...

Get back with me if this is what you're lookin' for...

I'm Out; PEACE...

Re: EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Silver Edition

I doubt anyone will want it bro, because that lib is licenced only to you as I understand things, so no one else will be authorised to use it. Check with EWQL to see if you can work something out for selling it.

James W.G. Smith

Quote Originally Posted by James W.G. Smith
    I doubt anyone will want it bro, because that lib is licenced only to you as I understand things, so no one else will be authorised to use it. Check with EWQL to see if you can work something out for selling it.

James W.G. Smith
    If it has not been used then no license has yet been attached, and so he should be free to sell it. I do agree, however, that you should contact EW about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEFINITY
    Just got my Symphonic Orchestra Silver Edition,
    and I can't use it the way I thought I'd be able
    to use it...So I'm sellin' it... It hasn't been used
    one time...After I got it... I found out I couldn't
    use it the way I planned...

The original price is $295 without tax...

I'm sellin' it for $250...

And I, myself will pay for 2 day shipping...

Get back with me if this is what you're lookin' for...

I'm Out; PEACE...
    So - any specifics as to why you can't 'use it' ? Very usuable to many of us - just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by SWL
    So - any specifics as to why you can't 'use it' ? Very usuable to many of us - just curious.
    I'll answer this. Mike mistakenly thought these samples could be loaded into a Korg Triton Studio (similar to an AKAI sample library).

If only they weren't encrypted...

Mike,

You may be able to return them to East-West. I would suggest contacting them directly and explain your situation:
    http://www.soundsonline.com/email.shtml

Ahhh, ok !

Yeah, he should have no problem returning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    I'll answer this. Mike mistakenly thought these samples could be loaded into a Korg Triton Studio (similar to an AKAI sample library).

If only they weren't encrypted...
    Mike is not the first one to buy a Kontakt player assuming the samples would be accessable...and most likely he's not the last either.

Fact is, the bulk of sample libraries out there are convertable to other formats (using Translator or CDXtract etc), which means that encryption is rather the exception than the rule...and thus it's not strange that customers would assume the samples can be accessed.

Therefore, one might expect that the makers of libraries that use the Kontakt player (with encrypted samples) would be open enough to specify this in their product information instead of blaming the customer for not finding this out for themselves.

How can you expect someone to ask about something that they don't know about? Especially when the majority of libraries can be converted?

Like I said, this is not the first time this has happened. Unless the makers of these libraries have something to hide or perhaps even intend to deceive their customers, then there should be no problem in clearly stating the simple fact that the samples are encrypted and non-convertable.

IMHO, it's up to the maker to inform the customer best they can bout their product...especially when it comes to a (major) limitation as this one...and even more so since the licence is personal and we are not allowed to sell the library to someone else if registered to us. Fact is, encrypted samples are rather the exception than the rule...therefore one should informed about it.

Misinformation is not only stating incorrect facts, it is also the omission of facts that are of reasonable interest to the customer...and I think it has been proved (several times) that this encryption is indeed such information.

Of course it's impossible for the makers to inform about every possible aspect of the product or to foresee the needs of the customer...but this particular issue has been adressed so many times now it should be obvious it's something the customers should be informed about prior to buying.

It's up to the makers of these librabries of course, but if they don't, they risk having customers that are unhappy and perhaps even feel fooled when buing their products. Also, you risk coming across as unprofessional, as every pro in sales knows it is good form (and best for all involved) to make sure the customer knows exactly what it is he or she is buying (including any possible limitations that might be crucial to him/her).

Bottom line...if you have no hidden agenda about this...then please state it clearly in your product specifications. It only takes a small note and it's the only decent thing to do considering the number of times this specific issue has been adressed.

If yo have already done this, then please disregard my comments. If not, then I'm looking forward to seeing the info on your respective webpages soon.

Thank's in advance

Cheers

Rodney

No disrespect intended, but I tend to make it a point to look at system requirements and make sure of compatibility before I buy anything. Otherwise, this kind of thing can happen very easily.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    No disrespect intended, but I tend to make it a point to look at system requirements and make sure of compatibility before I buy anything. Otherwise, this kind of thing can happen very easily.
    Yes, good point indeed Brian.

However, it's hard to do that when: a) this particular limitiation (AFAIK at least) is not presented anywhere in the product specification....and b) it is an exception from the genral standard (of translateable and convertable samples) and therefore it never occurs to you that the samples might be encrypted.

Again...how can you ask questions about something you don't know about?

And...is there any particular reason the use of encryption should not be stated in product specifications? This is apparently an issue (as it has been adressed by customers a number of times)...so why not just state it clearly to avoid further misunderstandings?

Cheers

Rodney

I think this "sample format" confusion is ESPECIALLY true of Kompakt/Kontakt/Intakt libraries. These libraries are marketed as "Samples + Player", which is different than other virtual instruments that have their own interface.

Also, I can see why someone who might buy from Sounds Online could be confused, since the majority of their products are sample libraries in various formats.

I agree that it would be a nice consumer benefit if distributors would put some type of note such as "the samples in this library are encrypted, and can not be used outside of the player".

Go Back to forum