• Register
  • Help

Topic: Repeatable Blue-Screen...anyone else?

Share/Bookmark

Repeatable Blue-Screen...anyone else?

Greetings,

My 3.00 to 3.01 setup has been "reasonably" solid for weeks, but I have found a problem.

If I use the Quick Editor to change a parameter on one instrument, the Performance file saves with no problem. If I make a change to a second instrument, the save causes a ew.sys blue-screen. Every time!

Is it just me?

Re: Repeatable Blue-Screen...anyone else?

This may be a bug. Two suggestions:

1. Upgrade to the most current version. v3.02 is now available
    http://www.tascamgiga.com/updates.php

2. Submit the suspected bug to Tascam

Martin,

Thanks for the suggestions. I updated to 3.02, but the problem still exists (I'm not using Rewire, so I didn't really think it would help).

I mainly wanted to find out if this was a common problem before submitting it as a bug. Speaking of which, has a consensus been reached on HOW to submit a bug report to Tascam? Their webform is hopelessly out of date...

Regards,
    craig

Re reporting bugs -

I've called their number in the US a couple of times and spoken to a guy called Chris who has been helpful (within the limits of what he can actually do) and has promised to forward stuff to the developers.

(323) 727 -7617

But of course, if you're in Europe like me, it gets to be a potentially expensive phone call.

Chris must be the only phone Tascam tech as he's the only one I've talked to. I'm still waiting for a reply on my reported issue from a few weeks ago. Guess they forgot about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    Chris must be the only phone Tascam tech as he's the only one I've talked to. I'm still waiting for a reply on my reported issue from a few weeks ago. Guess they forgot about me.
    Haydn,

I don't think they have forgotten you. It appears to me that the first two updates (3.01 and 3.02) fix problems they were aware of before product launch (I assume they discovered these late in Beta Testing).

Therefore, Tascam developers may not have devoted any time yet to bugs we have submitted.

Go Back to forum