• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Rest of the World is Waiting with baited breath...

Share/Bookmark

The Rest of the World is Waiting with baited breath...

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Questions, questions, questions...
    Which way are you going to swing USA? You will either go for Bush and turn your back on the UN, Kyoto, and cooperation. You will impose your will wherever you see fit by sheer military and ecomomic might. You will prop up mass-murderous dictators where they suit your national interests and get rid of them where they don't. You will continue to make Western democracies a target for Islamic fundamentlists by seeking to increase your imperialst influence in the middle east.
    Or will you work with the rest of the world rather than against it? As an outsider, this US election seems the most significant in my memory. If Bush is elected (I hesitate to use the prefix 're') the world will certainly feel more dangerous, less stable, and more hateful.
    The cold war is long over. America is the only global superpower. Will it use that power for good or will it retreat into protectionism, selfishness and economic exploitation? Will we have to wait until there is a European state to curb unfettered US self-interest?

Re: The Rest of the World is Waiting with baited breath...

Agreed.

Some of us are doing everything possible to ensure the chimp goes back to Texas. But there are several who cant think for themselves - are brain washed into fear and submission - and others that are only interested in protecting their wallets.

If he is (re)elected - i and my family will be joining 'the rest of the world'

This is the sad thing about this election. If by some miracle Bush manages to win, the world will they we ALL elected the idiot. I think when traveling in Europe I may have to wear a button at all times that says, I didn't vote for the moron.

I think I read somewhere that if the election were global, that is- if everyone in the world who wanted to could cast a ballot for the US president- Bush would get something like 7% of the vote.

As much as I'm hopeful that Kerry will win, I'm not terribly optimisitic. I have two close friends who have a professional responsibility to track political news and trends very closely, and thus know far more about all this than me.

And they both tell me the same thing: If the Bush campaign cannot somehow "fix" the election through voter disenfranchisement and fraud, Kerry wins in a walk. But can the GOP pull this off? That's the 64,000 dollar question.

The Roman Empire had a brief stint at being a Republic. Learn to say “Hail Caesar Bush!” or get a satellite guided missile up your nose.

(Texan against Bush!)
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    The Roman Empire had a brief stint at being a Republic. Learn to say “Hail Caesar Bush!” or get a satellite guided missile up your nose.

(Texan against Bush!)
    Speaking of the Roman Empire...I found this editorial regarding the similarities between W. and the Roman Emperor Commodus interesting.

although George W. is no Joaquin Phoenix.

http://www.washingtondispatch.com/op...er_10291.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    This is the sad thing about this election. If by some miracle Bush manages to win, the world will they we ALL elected the idiot. I think when traveling in Europe I may have to wear a button at all times that says, I didn't vote for the moron.

LOL
    recently fox ( believe it or not ) had a guest on that did a lot of polling around the world on americas image --man its bad everywhere.
    at least for now most are smart enough to know the difference between
    the white house and the joe american on the street .

Go Back to forum