• Register
  • Help

Topic: Logic 7 - Akai to EXS conversion

Share/Bookmark

Logic 7 - Akai to EXS conversion

Hey, I just did a conversion of an Akai horns CD to EXS using the new tools in Logic 7. It worked quite well. But I have a question, as I've never done this before...

During conversion, the EXS says there were 3 errors on the CD - should I abort or continue? So, I continued. The job was finished, and as far as I can tell, every file I got off the CD is playable from the EXS.

Does this happen often? Does it usually mean there is a scratch on the CD or something? Does the EXS automatically throw out files that are corrupt or have errors?

Thanks for your knowledge.
    My name is Elmer J. Fudd, I own a mansion and a yacht.

Dual 1ghz G4 (quicksilver), Mac OSX.3.5, 1gb RAM, Logic Pro 6.4.3, Yamaha 01X, Tannoy PBM 6.5's

Re: Logic 7 - Akai to EXS conversion

You might want to post at the Sonikmatter Logic forums for specifics relating to Logic software. I would think that a couple of errors shouldn't prevent you from just continuing your translation.

What I have done in the past is that if I am getting errors during the conversion, I later identify the corrupted instruments and re-import them in one at a time, this usually works like a charm. If you're having reoccurring conversion errors, it is quite possible that your CD roms are damaged or scratched.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Thanks for the feed back.
    I am thinking about getting an exs 24 librarian from redmatika.
    they say its supposed to be great once your library starts expanding and you need to relocate samples to external drives.

do you use software like this?
    My name is Elmer J. Fudd, I own a mansion and a yacht.

Dual 1ghz G4 (quicksilver), Mac OSX.3.5, 1gb RAM, Logic Pro 6.4.3, Yamaha 01X, Tannoy PBM 6.5's

Redmatica EXS tool is worth it especially if you want to expand your library. Waiting for Logic's librarian will take 8-12 hours with questionable results - Redmatica takes like 1-5 minutes.

Go Back to forum