• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hans Zimmer guitars

Hans Zimmer guitars

I've heard many good things about this sample library and have been sent a few demos from a friend who rates them highly. The sound is quite glorious and although they may be ageing I'm seriously considering purchasing them. They're in akai or roland format as far as I can tell and I've been toying with the idea of just buying the audio CD and programming the instruments myself into Halion.

Are there any users out there who've transferred them from these formats into Giga or Halion or whatever and found the programming is worth it or is it probably best to just go with the audio CD idea?. When the name Eric Persing appears in projects I tend to feel some quality programming has been involved somewhere that I'm not sure I'd want to bypass.
    Trev Parks

Re: Hans Zimmer guitars

I purchased the Akai version 4 or 5 years ago, and have since converted it to Logic's EXS. Worked like a charm.

I'm not all that familiar with Halion, but I would think it has an Akai conversion utility. If not, I'd suggest CDXtract or Chicken Systems conversion programs. Trust me, you don't have enough hours in the day to create these programs from scratch using the audio CD.

Get the Akai format, and convert.

Go Back to forum