• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Possibly dumb question RE: GS3 & Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

Possibly dumb question RE: GS3 & Kontakt

Since GS3's ReWire does not work for mixdown - I decided to take my one day off a week (Sundays) and translate all of the 24-bit VSL GS3 patches iinto Kontakt so I could actually use them. However, trying to open a GS3 patch from VSL in Kontakt 1.5.3 causes a hard poof "Kontakt.exe needs to shut down, etc..." happened the first time and a BSOD happened the second.

I assume this is just because of the new GS3 format that Kontakt can't read? But it can't even read the samples for me to remap. Any ideas?
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Re: Possibly dumb question RE: GS3 & Kontakt

The VSL content in that wooden box is quite useful. Open a .gig with the GS3 editor. Now do a 'Save As', select GS version 2 format. Be certain to save to a new location (do not overwrite the file) to avoid .ptbl data corruption. Most of the VSL content can be saved in V2 format this way.

In the GS3 editor using a VSL V3 .gig, right click on the sample folders pane. Select export all sample folders. This quickly gives one all of the raw 24 bit samples in .wav format, to map, process, or tweak however needed.

One day I'll buy the whole VSL library. Since the program/bank change functionality is broken in GS3, the software is of limited use (same as Kontakt) to me today. Good luck importing GS3 content to Kontakt.

[QUOTE=Alan Lastufka]Since GS3's ReWire does not work for mixdown
    QUOTE]

Alan, have you tried the new 3.02 update?

The new 3.02 update fixes the Rewire issues, so you should be able to use it now. I can now mixdown in both fast and realtime modes using Cubase SX2.
    Let us know if it works for you and good luck with your libraries. Tehy sound great!

Dave

Dave,

Sorry for a weird question but, were you the Dave I talked to on the phone a few times about a year ago? SOmething about site redesigns for a new company you were starting? If so, how is it all going? I only ask because your name looks familiar (alias name).

Thanks for the kind words about my libraries. You have no idea how cool that is to hear.

---

As for my original question, PhattRaid - thanks I will try that if...

They fixed the ReWire issue? who? what? when? WHERE?

I have been asleep I guess - heading over to Tascam forum now... although - I would still prefer them in Kontakt if translations aren't too painful. Glad to hear the ReWire stuff should be fixed though...

20 Things

OK - after a mistype of my CD-Key (user error) I finally DLed and installed the 3.02 patch - but ReWire in SX 2.2 is still working the same here - the mixdown process leads to drop-outs and pops and clicks.

I checked the About of Giga to make sure it was updated - it is - so... back to converting to Kontakt thru exporting the wavs and remapping.

20 Things

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    OK - after a mistype of my CD-Key (user error) I finally DLed and installed the 3.02 patch - but ReWire in SX 2.2 is still working the same here - the mixdown process leads to drop-outs and pops and clicks.

I checked the About of Giga to make sure it was updated - it is - so... back to converting to Kontakt thru exporting the wavs and remapping.

Alan, yes its the same Dave

Hey, tell me what is the name of the Midi port that youre using with rewire, can you give me that exact midi port name youre using when mixing down in Rewire mode?

Cheers

Dave

Dave,

In SX I'm not sure which you are referrig to but "Giga3" shows up in the "Devices" drop-down menu and the ReWire channels are referred to there as "Rewire 1 + Rewire 2".

My midi tracks are routed to the following ports:
    Giga3 Port 1, Channel 1
    Giga3 Port 1, Channel 2
    Giga3 Port 1, Channel 3
    Giga3 Port 1, Channel 4
    Giga3 Port 1, Channel 5
    Giga3 Port 1, Channel 6
    Giga3 Port 1, Channel 7
    Giga3 Port 1, Channel 8

Are either of those what you are asking about?

20 Things

Dave,

In SX I'm not sure which you are referrig to but "Giga3" shows up in the "Devices" drop-down menu and the ReWire channels are referred to there as "Rewire 1 + Rewire 2".

My midi tracks are routed to the following ports:
    Giga3 Port 1, Channel 1
    Giga3 Port 1, Channel 2
    Giga3 Port 1, Channel 3
    Giga3 Port 1, Channel 4
    Giga3 Port 1, Channel 5
    Giga3 Port 1, Channel 6
    Giga3 Port 1, Channel 7
    Giga3 Port 1, Channel 8

Are either of those what you are asking about?

Yes Alan I just wanted to make sure that had those activated and did not choose Giga Output 1 Channel 1. Are you getting bad results with both Fast Bounce and Realtime bounce?

Here the new 3.02 works great in Rewire and I am also using Cubase Sx2.2. I can bounce in fast and realtime without issues.

Dave

Both offline and realtime bounce are leading to the drop-outs. I am also using GigaPulse - one instance on the output channels 1 + 2 in Giga - have you been able to render while using gigapulse thru rewire as well?

20 Things

Both offline and realtime bounce are leading to the drop-outs. I am also using GigaPulse - one instance on the output channels 1 + 2 in Giga - have you been able to render while using gigapulse thru rewire as well?

Alan, yes I have gigapulse for instance on the Gigapiano 2 and it exports fine. You have ASIO in background disabled?

Dave

Go Back to forum