• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hymn Arrangement

Share/Bookmark

Hymn Arrangement

This is for a solo-vocal hymns collection CD for a rather well-known gospel performing artist in Nashville. The whole project orchestration will be GPO only.

Here is the MP3 of the track and a PDF of the vocal arrangement.

Re: Hymn Arrangement

Very cool David!
    Did you get my email with the link in it?

Wow, I never heard church music sound so good. This is a delightful garden of color and sound. The arrangement and orchestration is divine!

Charles Austin Miles (1868 - 1946) wrote "In the Garden" in 1913 and later became one of Mile's most popular hymns. Miles abandoned a career in pharmacy and went on to write some of the most popular gospel tunes.

Thanks for posting this David. And also thanks for the score as well. This truly is an inspiration to us all.

Gary Garritan

Smile Re: Hymn Arrangement

[QUOTE=David_Maddux]This is for a solo-vocal hymns collection CD for a rather well-known gospel performing artist in Nashville. The whole project orchestration will be GPO only.

David:

An excellent orchestral arrangement of one of my favorite hymns. Your tempi, interludes, and modulations were very effective and made the rendition extraordinary.

Send some more when you get the chance.

John

Thumbs up Re: Hymn Arrangement

Hi David,

very nice arrangement!!!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Quote Originally Posted by David_Maddux
    This is for a solo-vocal hymns collection CD for a rather well-known gospel performing artist in Nashville. The whole project orchestration will be GPO only.

Here is the MP3 of the track and a PDF of the vocal arrangement.
    Very nicely done! And for Mark Lowry, no less -- how'd you end up working with him? He has a really nice voice (like him with the Gaither Vocal Band), I'm imagining him singing over this in my mind. Funny guy, too.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by mistahamma
    Very nicely done! And for Mark Lowry, no less -- how'd you end up working with him?
    A mutual friend recommended me to him when he was recording his recent new Christmas album. (This is another GPO miracle story, by the way.)

They recorded live rhythm tracks and Mark's vocal in NashVegas. Emailed me rough mixes as MP3's, which I dropped into my Sonar/GPO template. I matched their tempi, orchestrated over the tracks, and ftp'd large WAV files back to them, which they dropped into their ProTools mixes.

That, friend, is the very first orchestration-by-email project I have ever done in my life.

Mark was so happy with the result, he's having me do an entire hymns album for him. It'll be all GPO!

Thumbs up Re: Hymn Arrangement

This was nice. I agree with Mr. Garritan in that I have never heard church music sound as nice and warm as this. This was very pleasing to listen to this morning after going through a week like I have.
    Very nice indeed.
    Styxx

Geeze, man. C'mon. My ears can't stand all this good music.

This is phenomenal. Another excellent mix too. You should write a tutorial on achieving this mix. I'll pay you for it.

Outstanding David. This is even enough to rub the tarnish off my battered soul.

I also wish to say how much I enjoyed this -- just FANTASTIC. I honestly dream of being able to do arrangements this rich and expressive. I am so impressed with everyone's skills here!

I just ordered GPO, should arrive in a week or so -- you might have planted the idea that I ought to do some hymns myself once it arrives!

THANKS for sharing that recording....

Go Back to forum