• Register
  • Help

Topic: EWQLSO Gold Pro and other libraries can someone advise me?

Share/Bookmark

Wink EWQLSO Gold Pro and other libraries can someone advise me?

Hi everyone, This is my first thread. I have read many differing oppinions re samples over the last couple of months and it is all very interesting and very informing....thanks for the insight everyone. I own Gold EWQLSO, I have just preordered GOLD PRO which I'm very excited about. I need some advice regarding a second library.....I know that this subject has been hammered constantly on this forum, but if any of you are able to and have the patience... I would really appreciate it...I would like to know more from first hand users. Firstly my style of music is pop/contemporary, continental, orchestral, I have a piano album to record next year - Richard Claydermann with a rock edge.Independent release. Now I have been wandering around in cyberland over the last few weeks as we all do and researching to see firstly if I need to layer with another library, being, SONIC IMPLANTS Symphonic stgs, VSL ( opus one), first edition, pro edition, performance set, or Platinum strings only ( current version). VSL Pro is so expensive with the performance set....can anyone give me advice before I go and spend my hard earned cash and jump. With GOLD PRO coming do I need to to even consider another library at this point. Nearly everything I sequence is in need of great strings....what is everyone out there using and are they investing in any of these libraries? Looking forward to hearing from you. By the way I run Logic Pro, EXS24, Mac G5 dual 2gighz....and it has been running very smoothly with EWQLSO...and other various plugs.

Re: EWQLSO Gold Pro and other libraries can someone advise me?

I personally LOVE the sound of EWQLSO's Strings, but honestly, a good buy is Garritan's Orchestral Strings (GOS). SISS mini would also be a good buy, because you get some good patches, and it isn't really expensive. With Opus 1, you would be paying for a lot of things that you may not neccessarily want or need, although the performance patches might benefit you a lot. Kirk hunter also has some strings coming around the corner, and I hope I didn't miss any either, but I do know that both EWQLSO Pro and GOS2 are going to be promising products, but I have been captivated by the 3 mics of platinum, and they are versatile too. That is just me, and I know you will get some other opinions that are probably a tad more experienced than mine

Hope that helps,
    Sean R. Beeson

Quote Originally Posted by Joey
    With GOLD PRO coming do I need to to even consider another library at this point.
    I think that's a good question. Maybe its worth waiting and seeing if it covers all your needs before you rush to purchase an additional library. After a month or two of getting to grips with Gold you'll be in a better position to assess your needs. It will certainly keep you busy for long enough to begin with.
    Trev Parks

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Beeson
    I personally LOVE the sound of EWQLSO's Strings, but honestly, a good buy is Garritan's Orchestral Strings (GOS).
    I second that, being a strick Giga user, Garritan Orchestral Strings are all that I use (for strings). Takes a bit of getting used to and to get a nice lush sound it takes a little tweaking (get a convolution reverb if you don't already have one) and right now the price is a steal! Good luck,

James W.G. Smith

Go Back to forum