• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: How to get stereo mixer channels in rewire mode?

Share/Bookmark

Talking How to get stereo mixer channels in rewire mode?

I'm using Nuendo but in rewire mode i can only get mono rewire channels, if i want to use plug-ins i need to copy [plugins for getting stereo effects?

Is there a way to get stereo channels in rewiremode for Nuendo?
    The mixer in Gigastudio is fine for me but my powercore plug-ins do not function within it, so i'm looking for a way to route the outs towards Nuendo via rewire and use the powercore plug-ins

Thanks in advance..

Re: How to get stereo mixer channels in rewire mode?

I found out myself thanks for interest!

Resident,

What did you find out?

In SONAR the first two Rewire channels are a stereo pair (1,2), but the rest are mono. I can use two audio channels to bring back the GS3 audio, but it's a bit of a hassle.

...same thing in Cubase. If there is a way around this, I'd be interested as well. Reading the GS3 manual I was under the impression there was no alternative.

Talking Re: How to get stereo mixer channels in rewire mode?

It is not that straight method but, you can make a Group channel in Cubase/Nuendo (for sonar i don't know if possible but i think it is) and then left channel (giga) put pan completly to the left (really!) and for the right giga channel to the ..........! Now route the left and right channel from rewire Gigastudio to the stereo Group channel and here you can mix down in stereo. I know it is a little complicated, but it helps me for the moment. In the mean time i hoope the people from Tascam will overcome this problem with the next update.

Does anybody have better ideas?

Goodluck.

Good plan - that will work fine. The idea of one stereo pair and a pile of mono Rewire channels seems odd...however, the intent seems to be to have you mix everything in GS and then run into the single stereo pair in the host app. I think that would be less CPU-intensive than having a pile of Rewire channels. Either way, it sure isn't as clean and simple as a VSTi.

Ah i forgot to tell you that with FX-max Gigastudio VST adapter it is also possible to route all of your channels in Nuendo. It didn't worked well for me but a lot of people are loving it!

"...you can make a Group channel in Cubase/Nuendo (for sonar i don't know if possible but i think it is) and then left channel (giga) put pan completly to the left (really!) and for the right giga channel to the ..........! Now route the left and right channel from rewire Gigastudio to the stereo Group channel and here you can mix down in stereo."

That's what I've been doing in SONAR. It's not so bad once you've set up a template. But it still seems as if we should be able to pick stereo pairs OR mono channels.

In version 3.02 it is for sure not possible! Bad enough, or i'm missing something.

Has anyone figured out if Giga 3 can send stereo rewire channels to Nuendo withouit having to use groups? If not, will this be addressed? Moderators?

Go Back to forum