• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Logic for windows?

Share/Bookmark

Logic for windows?

Just wanted to know if there is a version of Logic that is for windows.

Thanks!

Re: Logic for windows?

Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Logic is made by eMagic, a company which was purchased by Apple Computer a little over a year ago. After the purchase, eMagic announced that all new versions of Logic would be Mac platform only.

The last PC version of Logic was v5.5.1

http://www.emagic.de/support/download/index.php?lang=EN

Well, the thing im looking for in Logic is called "Strip Silence", because i just bought a sample library called, "Whole Lotta Country", and it's in a RAW audio format, and its even in the audio cd format...and from what im told, Strip Silence will take my raw audio and make samples out of them...this true? AND is this in the windows version??

*prays*

~FireGS

Every DAW has a strip silence feature, and if it doesn't you can use a noise gate plug-in.

Ok, so now i have WAV files for my samples, and now i basically have to use something (as simple as) Vienna to make a soundfont?

Huh? you're confusing me and prolly the rest of the readers. What does Vienna have to do with your original question? And soundfonts? What do you want to do? You are not going to convert Vienna samples to soundfont files, are you?

I think the guy is on the pipe!

Surely not a light pipe

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRoos
    Huh? you're confusing me and prolly the rest of the readers. What does Vienna have to do with your original question? And soundfonts? What do you want to do? You are not going to convert Vienna samples to soundfont files, are you?
    The hash pipe right :P
    Little mistake there. There is a utility by Creative that's called "Vienna Soundfont Editor". I think it's much older than the VSL libraries though

Thanks for jumping in Herman!

(phew )

Go Back to forum