• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT: is anyone updating to Window SP 2??

Share/Bookmark

OT: is anyone updating to Window SP 2??

I have not updated my Daw and two gigas to SP2 (following the adage - if it ain't broke...) BUT am I missing something here? I don't want to miss any firmware or driver updates to make my systems run better (DVD burner, displays, etc.).

I am just paranoid the Mr. Gates and his prop heads will introduce new issues into my music computers.

What is everyone doing - sucessfully? I will also update to GS 3.0 soon.

Many thanks,

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: OT: is anyone updating to Window SP 2??

I am using Giga 3.0 and SP 2 with no problems (other than system limitations but that's RAM and Processor speed - Gigapulse is a real treasure but a real hog). I have noticed no particular benefits to getting SP 2 but no problems either.

Wow Temps - thanks. That is good news. How about you other Giga users - SX users (Patrick - all is well with SX and SP2??)

Thanks in advance.
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

I'd stay well away from SP2, it actually produced some kind of buzz sound on my soundcard in windows the whole time it was on. My father and brother also had numerous problems using it, and were forced to uninstall it.

I don't know what it's good for, but nothing in my case. It caused all sorts of problems that went away when I took it off.

Once I updated to SP2, it crashed my internet connectivity. It might be safe for some, but it is not safe for all. I'm still working to fix it for my computer with XP.

Yes, I forgot to mention I am running XP Home on all puters. Sound a tad iffy.
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

BTW Rob I'm running XP Pro

I've installed SP2 on all my computers, and have no problems.

Thanks Bill. Are you running Cubase SX and giga (seperate machines)? XP Home?

Thanks

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

I messed with a test drive that has SP2 on it for a while, then real work (mixing) beckoned. There didn't seem to be any issues or incompatibilities with GS3 or the audio/midi interfaces I use on that machine (Hammerfall 9652 & PCI-822) but the new security stuff seemed overmuch to me and I have to wonder about it stealing cycles. Probably won't get back to testing SP2 until mid November but there's no real rush and I want to find a way to make sure the new security stuff (that I don't need) isn't hindering anything.

G

Go Back to forum