• Register
  • Help

Topic: All night camp out anyone?

Share/Bookmark

All night camp out anyone?

I am starting an all night camp out in front of NI headquarters in expectation of the new updates. From a reputable source, I am told that updates are going to be downloaded on a raffle basis. So, my old musty civil war tent is pitched and my sleeping bag is warm and waiting. I have a feeling it will be a mad rush to the ticket office on a first click first serve basis.

Now, am I bored or what? Can you tell that my PC has no intentions on letting me use GPO ever again? Or, is it true Santa was a jockey in his past life. And, what about that violin Sherlock Holmes used to play every night before he retired? Who really was baby Jane and how did the Three Stooges do all those stunts? Was the circus really in town or was that your mother in law I saw dancing in the parking lot of KMart with a pokadot dress on?

Oh, Gary! I think I've slipped my disco co co co co co co !
    Styxx

Re: All night camp out anyone?

Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

I'll have whatever Styxx is drinking!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

I'm here to keep you company while waiting for NI!. Though working nights means that I don't have to drink to be a little off!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

What a waist of time this was huh?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    What a waist of time this was huh?
    Waist or WASTE? ha ha I've got the WAIST!
    Was it one of those for me? NAH, I was working anyway. And wouldn't you know it? The minute they released the update, I had to turn off my laptop and go home fo the day. I got home today, downoaded the update and have come to the conclusion that I will not be sleeping for say, at least 2 days playing with this!! WHAT A TREAT!

Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

So I take these updates are pretty nice huh? I am happy for you.
    Styxx

Sal, you not get your update yet?
    Aaron Clark, C/C++, J2EE, Flash, Perl and PHP programming.
    Logic Pro 7.0.1, G5 1800x2, 3 Gig ram, GPO and GOS lite.
    My site: http://www.clarkaudio.com
    Where I work now: http://www.blinex.com/

Red face Re: All night camp out anyone?

No, actually I've been having nothing but bad luck with my system for some time now. I can run most of anything audio but not midi without problems. I doubt if installing the new updates is going to benefit me at this time. As it stands, my current version of GPO is virtually rendered useless. I can play the sounds but recording and playback is another issue. I had it in once under warranty, which straighten out the windows problems but seemed to make my music applications worse.
    Let me know how the updates work out and when you may be posting something new using them. The least I can do is enjoy listening.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    No, actually I've been having nothing but bad luck with my system for some time now. I can run most of anything audio but not midi without problems. I doubt if installing the new updates is going to benefit me at this time. As it stands, my current version of GPO is virtually rendered useless. I can play the sounds but recording and playback is another issue. I had it in once under warranty, which straighten out the windows problems but seemed to make my music applications worse.
    Let me know how the updates work out and when you may be posting something new using them. The least I can do is enjoy listening.
    Well, not to rub it in... but.......

This is freakin' awesome! I am sure you know more about it, being on the beta team and all. I can't imagine how hard this is on you, poor guy!

No, seriously Styxx, I hope you get your gear up and back to happily getting along with GPO. I really do feel sorry for you. Maybe you can go to rent-a-center and "borrow" a PC for a few weeks. ha ha

Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!

Go Back to forum