• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sinfonietta in C

Share/Bookmark

Sinfonietta in C

Hi All,

Just completed a new, three-movement Sinfonietta. I'll tell you up front (and on my web page), the mix isn't ideal but it's still "listen-to-able." I have poopy monitors and I'm not an engineer. It's intended for live performance anyway, not electronic. Just thought you might like to hear it.

Go to:

http://users.adelphia.net/~chads/index.html

and follow the links for each movement. Any problems accessing things, let me know. Eveything worked when tested.
    -Chad
    Ps. I posted the first movement some time ago under a different title. The work needed more, though. This is it.
    Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Re: Sinfonietta in C

Very beautiful CString.
    Especially dynamic of instuments.
    Great job.
    Ciao
    Zelazowa
    Music is love in to my life
    Historiated Majolicals of Gubbio

Quote Originally Posted by Zelazowa
    Very beautiful CString.
    Especially dynamic of instuments.
    Great job.
    Ciao
    Zelazowa
    Gratzie, Zelazowa! Mi piace. (or, do I need to say "piacere"? I can never remember!)

CSting,

Nice work. I especially like the way you use the initial motive. Are you quantizing or just playing in? I'm only curious because it feels like it might be being the beat at times. Or that could just be me! :-) (Which it probably is.)

I also like the contasting movements. Very well done indeed. Any chance we might be able to see a score of this?

The third movement reminds me of a Christmas Day montage for some reason. Cool!!

I don't think that the mix is off by very much. It actually sounds pretty good. You just need to work out a few bugs, I guess. It's funny what some people say when you say that you have to fix something. It always amazes me to see how everyone sees things in a different light.

I've just put my finger on it. The entire score sounds very optimistic. BRAVO!! Most of the time, people dwell on the darker part of life, myself included. That's why I saw the Christmas Montage. Optimism! Kudos!!

Anyway, nice job and keep up the good work. You've made a fan out of me! :-)

Let me know if I can do anything for you.

Jonny

PS: Sorry for the rant. I just got done teaching a three hour class. Calgon! Take me away!! Uh..

...Sorry 'bout that! :-)
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Jonny,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the work. By the way, I also just got home from teaching three hours of music history. I feel your pain.

I could make the final copy of the score available. Just PM me. That goes for anyone else who wants to look at it, too.

Sibelius was the only performer involved. I do use the plug-ins for cresc./dim. and slurs that are on the GPO site, though. I still can't seem to get around the string sucking sound. Hopefully that will change with the new update.

-Chad
    Ps. the "dropped beat" feeling you're getting is changing meter. Each movement uses a different combination of meters.

CString,

I listened to your Sinfonietta again, and I must say again what an excellent job you have done. BRAVO!

Danielle, I wasn't attacking his programming skills, I was simply trying to figure out what was going on. I never purposely attack somebody's work. If I have done that, then I apologize.

Once again, excellent job!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Didn't see any attack (direct or indirect) in that Jon. No need to apologize. Besides, I've got a hide like a polar bear - white and thick.

Danielle, I'm very happy you liked it. I've enjoyed what I have heard from your studio, too. It's always well well written, interesting, and just plain enjoyable to listen to. I hope you are pursuing performances of your works?

-Chad

This is very nice work . You are very talented.

Quote Originally Posted by music man
    This is very nice work . You are very talented.
    *nod* thank you musicman.

CString,

Very nicely done. Excellent writing, great themes, fabulous arrangments and instrumentation.

Movement 1 is energetic and has extraordinary moments. Movement 2 starts of anticipatory and then takes you to another place. I really enjoyed listening to this. Movment 3 is musical journey and was also a delight to listen to. All three movements were fantastic.

You mention on your website that this was done in Sibelius 2. Was this really done in a notation program? If so, how did you do the expression so well?

Thank you for posting this. You are a very fine composer and a credit to the GPO community.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast