• Register
  • Help

Topic: No Pro Tools Improvement : (

Share/Bookmark

No Pro Tools Improvement : (

Wondering if Gary or Tom could comment on if there was any work done on improving things for Pro Tools.

I just downloaded the updater and the DFD extension, and tried a test.

8 voices of a very simple line played in unison in 1 instance of GPO.

My CPU meter is hitting hard and the program freezes and makes this clicking sound. (8 voices was my max in the previous version of GPO)

Is there something wrong with my system?
    Other people get over 30 voices?!?!

All other programs seems to work great fro me including, Stormdrum,Spectrasonics Trilogy, Atmosphere and Stylus, Reason.

GPO just does not work for me the way I hear other peole using it and talking about it.

Mac OSX 10.3.4, Dual 1.25, 1.5 Gig Ram
    Pro Tools 6.4

Re: No Pro Tools Improvement : (

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox
    Wondering if Gary or Tom could comment on if there was any work done on improving things for Pro Tools.

I just downloaded the updater and the DFD extension, and tried a test.

8 voices of a very simple line played in unison in 1 instance of GPO.

My CPU meter is hitting hard and the program freezes and makes this clicking sound. (8 voices was my max in the previous version of GPO)

Is there something wrong with my system?
    Other people get over 30 voices?!?!

All other programs seems to work great fro me including, Stormdrum,Spectrasonics Trilogy, Atmosphere and Stylus, Reason.

GPO just does not work for me the way I hear other peole using it and talking about it.

Mac OSX 10.3.4, Dual 1.25, 1.5 Gig Ram
    Pro Tools 6.4

Duba,
    MIX, HD or LE?
    I haven't downloaded the update yet, but my experience has been that DFD taxes the CPU more. You're not using RTAS are you? If so, don't and see if your performance improves. For soft samps, RTAS sucks big giant camel humps. The Spectrasonics plugs only can be used as RTAS and do a pretty good job at optimizing CPU, but for everything else use (H)TDM.
    _Scott

Quote Originally Posted by spettigrew
    You're not using RTAS are you? If so, don't and see if your performance improves. For soft samps, RTAS sucks big giant camel humps. The Spectrasonics plugs only can be used as RTAS and do a pretty good job at optimizing CPU, but for everything else use (H)TDM.
    _Scott
    I have an 002r, (LE) and yes I am using it RTAS. There is a nice "Pro Tools RTAS Compatible" label on the outside of my Garritan Box, so I am lead to beleive it will work. Can anybody else verify that this is in fact NOT the case.

I don't agree that RTAS sucks at all. It is awesome!! It is only in GPO that I find it doesn't work with. Waves, Autotune, Spectrasonics, Stormdrum, Percussive Adventures and Artist Drums, all work GREAT for me.

Do I have any other options?

Dubaifox,

Gary will need to address your question when he gets back later today.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox
    I have an 002r, (LE) and yes I am using it RTAS. There is a nice "Pro Tools RTAS Compatible" label on the outside of my Garritan Box, so I am lead to beleive it will work. Can anybody else verify that this is in fact NOT the case.

I don't agree that RTAS sucks at all. It is awesome!! It is only in GPO that I find it doesn't work with. Waves, Autotune, Spectrasonics, Stormdrum, Percussive Adventures and Artist Drums, all work GREAT for me.

Do I have any other options?
    Yes RTAS does work, but it's limitations are well documented concerning soft samps. GPO is labeled RTAS, not TDM, but when I switched to TDM my polyphony increased about 200%. That's just my experience.
    You should be getting more than eight dry voices, but if that's all you were getting before, I don't expect the update to change that. It'd be nice if it did. I guess I should get it and find out for myself. Post back if you get any increase in performance from the update.
    _S

Well, the update took away the ability to use GPO as a TDM plug on an AUX track. I'll have to go back to the older version to finish this piece, cause there goes the CPU meter again. Kompakt and Intakt still work as a TDM plug, so I hope this is just an NI oversite.
    Gary, please bring this ability back!
    _Scott

Go Back to forum