• Register
  • Help

Topic: Songs from the brand new CD with GPO

Share/Bookmark

Songs from the brand new CD with GPO

Here's a demo with snippets from the new CrossWalk release "Shine - The Very Best of CrossWalk." You'll recognize the oboe, flute, glockenspiel, strings, brass, etc...

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/.../music&.view=l

Hope the link works. The file is just called "Demo." It's about 4.5 MB, 5 minutes long or so. Let me know what you think!

Jim

Re: Songs from the brand new CD with GPO

Bravo!!! Top notch. One question did you play the GPO live or how did you handle it? Let us know when it will be on sale. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by music man
    Bravo!!! Top notch. One question did you play the GPO live or how did you handle it? Let us know when it will be on sale. Good luck.
    Thanks, music man! All GPO parts were played on a keyboard individually in realtime, recorded (MIDI) using Sonar 3.1.1. Whole project was re-mixed in Sonar.

Jim

Haven't I heard this before? Just messing.

How much GPO is on the other songs in the demo?

This is some great stuff. As you know, I'm particularly fond of the first song in the demo. Great vocals BTW. That wouldn't be you would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Haven't I heard this before? Just messing.

How much GPO is on the other songs in the demo?

This is some great stuff. As you know, I'm particularly fond of the first song in the demo. Great vocals BTW. That wouldn't be you would it?
    Thanks for the comments! Yeah, that's me singing lead on the first song in the demo. There's three of us who sing in the band. I'm singing harmony on the other two in this short clip. GPO is kind of used like spices on most of the tunes on the CD. Lots of GPO on the last tune, strings, brass, oboe, flute. Wanted a big orchestral ending for the record.

Jim

Go Back to forum