• Register
  • Help

Topic: Black Grand Resource Page - Major Updates!

Share/Bookmark

Black Grand Resource Page - Major Updates!

I've just finished updating The Black Grand Resource Page

On that page you will find more info and pictures from the recording session, some new demos and a Kontakt patch made by Xavier Bidault creating Real String Behaviour.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Cool Re: Black Grand Resource Page - Major Updates!

very nice!

is that you in the "gear.jpg"?

and the ever impressive Bb min sonata demo! love Rachmaninoff!!!!

Re: Black Grand Resource Page - Major Updates!

Quote Originally Posted by ngstime
    very nice!

is that you in the "gear.jpg"?

and the ever impressive Bb min sonata demo! love Rachmaninoff!!!!
    Thanks!
    No, the guy on the picture is Jens, who I work together with when recording. I was behind the camera....
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Hi Worra,

I have taken delivery of my Black Grand, and love it to bits, although I've only played with the close perspective so far.

one question - why use the Rode NT5s for micing the ambient perspective, when you had Neumann KM84s for the medium perspective? Are the Rodes really that fantastic?

Cheers

Len

Quote Originally Posted by Worra

On that page you will find more info and pictures from the recording session, some new demos and a Kontakt patch made by Xavier Bidault creating Real String Behaviour.
    I'm not sure which download is the Xavier patch. Is it the Close perspective link below the article near the end of the page? Is it a .rar file? Does the patch include sample changes? (why a .rar file?) Seems like a patch would be a small file.

Quote Originally Posted by rJames
    I'm not sure which download is the Xavier patch. Is it the Close perspective link below the article near the end of the page? Is it a .rar file? Does the patch include sample changes? (why a .rar file?) Seems like a patch would be a small file.
    It appears there is in this .rar only one .fxp file (for Halion 2), and not the .nkm file. So the kontakt version is not here...

I think Worra will solve this as soon as he see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Worra

Thanks a lot Worra. Nice update.
    Xavier´s work is brilliant but it is for VSTi. What about the GS3 version concerning the real string behavior. Or maybe it come direct programmed so out of the box?

Quote Originally Posted by rkmusic
    Thanks a lot Worra. Nice update.
    Xavier´s work is brilliant but it is for VSTi. What about the GS3 version concerning the real string behavior. Or maybe it come direct programmed so out of the box?
    Thanks!
    I don't yet know if GS3 has a midi rule to do this (ie : something OPPOSITE to GS "self mask", something that dampers a loud note followed by the same soft note, with a tweakable fade out time for the loud note).

Quote Originally Posted by Len
    Hi Worra,

I have taken delivery of my Black Grand, and love it to bits, although I've only played with the close perspective so far.

one question - why use the Rode NT5s for micing the ambient perspective, when you had Neumann KM84s for the medium perspective? Are the Rodes really that fantastic?

Cheers

Len
    All perspective where recorded at the same time, on to three different stereopairs. Besides, I really, really like the Rode's but I must admit the the warmth of the Neumans are hard to beat!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Quote Originally Posted by xav93
    It appears there is in this .rar only one .fxp file (for Halion 2), and not the .nkm file. So the kontakt version is not here...

I think Worra will solve this as soon as he see this.
    Major Ooooops!
    Fixed this! There are now two links. One for HALion and one for Kontakt.
    Big, big kudos to Xavier for making these!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Go Back to forum