• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: SAM True Strike info posted - check it out!

Share/Bookmark

SAM True Strike info posted - check it out!

http://www.projectsam.com/info_samtruestrike.html

Looks really cool (and sounds as good as it looks). Just wanted to give users a heads up. I got the new demo from Maarten yesterday and will tell you I'll be first in line for this one when its shipping!
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Re: SAM True Strike info posted - check it out!

Looks and sounds amazing! I really enjoyed Tobias' demo, especially the roto-toms! I wonder what the virtual instrument version will be like...

Sounds very good indeed.

I hope that other developers take a leaf out of SAM's book and offer full and isolated demo mixes of their libraries. An effective idea which allows you to get to the meat of the product quickly and unobtrusively. In this case, happily, the isolated tracks were as entertaining as the full ones.

Heath

Sounds awesome! The price is a bit higher than what I was hoping for, but for the amount of material provided I'm sure it'll be worth it.

I've been debating a full orchestral library (I currently am a happy GPO user) and am thinking Sam True Strike + Sam Brass (full set) + GOS would be great, but alas there isn't a wind library of this caliber (and I don't want to buy the sectional wind portions of VSL or EWQLSO (at least not yet).

...I'm also thinking about EWQLSO Gold, but really I need to see what offers the best combination of functionality, quality, and ease of use. Thus far, GPO has met all my needs, but I think I might need to augment in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Dudley Simpson
    ...offer full and isolated demo mixes of their libraries.
    We at LastLibs agree.

I am looking forward to seeing the VI version too.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

I have to say I'm REALLY impressed with the sound of True Strike, though I certainly expected to be judging from everything else you guys have released. I have some concerns though. I kind of planned on getting the gigastudio 2.5 version, however for some reason you guys don't have modwheel crossfades like you do in Giga 3. I was curious as to why this is since obviously giga2.5 can do modwheel crossfades as you have done so with the brass.

I'm also concerned about the alternating hits. You say that you can do it with modwheel switching and keyswitching, but what about the more traditional two note method of putting, for example, the left hit of the snare on C and the right hit on D like you have for the free Sam Snares. Using key and mod switching will made it next to impossible to play in rhythms and such. Is that method for alternating hits planned?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmy
    VC,

Actually i believe there are 4 notes to choose from on a variety of snares. You can just play them in as you wish.
    Will this be the case for all instruments including Timpani?

andyt

I have all of SAMs libraries (except trumpets) and really love them for the quality / price.

Pricing on True Strike is a too high for me to make them an impulse purchase. They are now in the "have-to-think-really-carefully-about-this" category.

Does anyone know what "engine" the Starter Set Virtual Instrument will use?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast