• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO Chat Every Friday

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up GPO Chat Every Friday

We are finally reviving our live chat section. The chats will be scheduled by current moderators at northern sounds. A chat link should appear in the navigation bar at the top of the forum pages indicating a chat session is live. All the same rules for our forums apply to the chat.

The chat is Java based if you are having problems with login/logout on the chat ,you might need to download the latest java version here. http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

There is also a FAQ section for the Chat section here http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/faq.php?

Enjoy

Re: New Live Chat!

Thanks PapaChalk for bringing us a Northern Sounds Chat Room.

Our regularly scheduled GPO chat will take on a new face. The GPO chat has been meeting every Friday (and often Sundays) on the IRC network, Quakenet serve, #garritan channel. for the past six months or so. It has been wonderful interacting online with many of you. The dialogs have been very rewarding for me and it is a pleasure getting to know many of you through the chat channel.

Often, because too many people came to the chat, we experienced server overloads, dropped sessions and network splits. Many had trouble getting into the channel because of firewalls or didn't want to go through the hassle of installing a special chat software. And IRC was just plain ugly to some.

PapaChalk and DSound to the rescue!

Last week we had an unscheduled chat and tested the new chat room right here on the Northern Sounds community. We expect this chat room to hold a lot more people than IRC. This new chat room is very graphical and interactive. There are emoticon buttons (can't live without those), audio emoticons (slap, whip, beep, and my favorite- harp), sizable fonts, color button to change the color of your text, and dockable windows.. You can also send and receive private messages.

This new chat room will give us the ability to give online lessons, tutorials and do some interactive things.

Come by now and check it out for yourselves. http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/chat.php?

We'll leave the chat open today for you to see. Let us know what you think.

Or go to the GPO forum and click on the chat menu in the menu on top.

Many thanks to PapaChalk for making this happen.

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: New Live Chat!

Oh, I thought he said "Chaps" so I put mine on. I'll take them off now I guess. Gee, I thought we was going a riden' into the sunset ya varmintsk!

Dang namit all Luke! Papinis is in the barn with Hassie and the horses are gettin' loose!

Well, can't wait to shatner with you gals soon. Ahuhahuhahuhaburninlove!
    Ladies and Gentlemen! Elvisk has left da buildink and is now running for President of Cuba!
    I took a train once .... but they made me take it back!
    Styxx

Unhappy Re: New Live Chat!

We'll leave the chat open today for you to see. Let us know what you think.
    It's closed....
    Styxx

Question Re: New Live Chat!

Are we going to have a Shat today Mr. PaPa Chalk, Mr. Garritan and that tiny little person with the finger on the button? Will it be as usual of the "New Live Chat"?
    Styxx

I hope so. I want to hear everyone's excitement from the update.

There's that space between "My Profile" and "FAQ" in the tool bar. That's were we want to go ... way down in chatamo. Watch for the "Chat" link mysteriously appear later on I think. Then again, one never knows. Only the Shadow knows.
    Styxx

Question Re: New Live Chat!

So some "of authority" has to open the chat room, it seems. Some of us used to gather informally on Sunday (at the same time as Friday) but it doesn't seem open now.

KevinKauai

Quote Originally Posted by KevinKauai
    So some "of authority" has to open the chat room, it seems. Some of us used to gather informally on Sunday (at the same time as Friday) but it doesn't seem open now.

KevinKauai
    Kev, I think this is only because the chat is still in beta - I think.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

The NS Chat is currently closed but we can meet at the old IRC channel now if you want to chat.

See you there.

Gary

Go Back to forum