• Register
  • Help

Topic: Computer Voting For US President

Computer Voting For US President

sponsored links

Has the outcome of the next US Presidential election already been orchestrated?

What is the under lying reason there is no paper trail for the latest make shift touch screen laptop style voting 'booths'?

Is the new computer voting system truely bug proof, hacker proof, crash proof, and otherwise perfect?

The ATM machine, while not flawless, is a relatively solid system compared to the new computer voting system.

Out in left field

Re: Computer Voting For US President

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    I've heard they already are having severe problems with computer voting during early voting in (ta dum!) Florida. They were blaming it on computer software or the internet connection they were using. Long lines of people (mostly blacks) were getting fed up and going home without voting.

Voting problems in Florida? I'm sure Jeb will get this fixed before the election. It's like the old saying:

Nepotism is OK, as long as you keep it in the family.

Call me cynical, but Florida is probably "in the bag" for GW, and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it. I hope I'm wrong about this, but I doubt it.

Orchestration often involves a paper score. With no paper trail, it looks like the election outcome was engineered, rather than orchestrated.

'...the reports did highlight computer scientists' concerns about touch screens, which they say are prone to tampering and unreliable unless they produce paper records for recounts.'

- Electronic Voting Machine Woes Reported, by RACHEL KONRAD, AP Technology Writer

With everyones' attention on Ohio in the final stretch, Florida's paper less results are questioned less.

Bush & Co lied, just got up and straight-out lied about Iraq having WMDs.

They lied about so-called links between Saddam and 9/11.

What on Earth could make anybody think they would NOT lie about the internal workings of a computerised electoral system that can't be tracked. They have already shown their true colours, and all concepts of morality and integrity don't enter into it.

And you know what's worse? So many Americans don't care. The lies were told to them, the lies were exposed, and then they just elected the sh1ts all over again. I don't know whether it's total disregard for the value of truth, or simple idiotic gullibility. And I don't know which is worse, or more dangerous.

I'm considering filing suit over the use of computerized voting in Georgia. I think this may be the only way to get rid of these machines, if they can be gotten rid of.

Idea for a political cartoon: The poll worker goes to the calibration menu on the computer voting machine. Just like setting the contrast, where there is an option to adjust the display center left/right, instead there is a parameter to set between 'Left Wing' and 'Right Wing'.

Left Wing - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Right Wing

Wow, forty million of the votes in the 2004 US presidential election were cast on e-voting machines.

According to an MIT/CalTech study, 8.2% of touch-screen votes in senatorial elections between 1998 and 2000 were lost.

How can the world declare a winner when the typical margin of error is greater than the difference between the number of votes each candidate received?

Scientists at MIT/CalTech have requested raw election data for the nation and hope to perform forensic analysis.

'...the machines could alter or delete ballots without anyone noticing.'

Computer scientists cautious of e-voting, by Rachel Konrad, AP Technology Writer

Like I said, the vote was rigged.

Go Back to forum