I've tried to improve on the mix of the flute concerto movement that I posted yesterday. Here's what I did:
- I added some reverb to place the instruments farther in the hall
- I tried to correct some balance problems between the different string sections
- I worked again on the EQ of the GOS violins to try to remove more high end and make them sound less "synthy"
Could anyone be so kind as to listen to the new version (especially the people who listened to the first one yesterday) and let me know if you feel there's any improvement at all? I'd especially like to know if:
- Is there now too much reverb?
- Is the balance any better?
- Did I remove too much high end from the violins? I'm afraid it sounds just as synthy as before, but that it now lacks brilliance. I'd really appreciate any tip on how I could have made it sound more realistic, as I've tried pretty much all the techniques I've ever read here or elsewhere, but I just can't seem to get it quite right. At this point, I'm thinking it may simply be a problem with GOS when writing elaborate string parts, especially when they're "naked" like this. But heck, *I'm* usually the problem, so it must be me!
Here's the link to the old mix:
Here's the new file:
Thank you so much for your time and generosity!