• Register
  • Help

Topic: X-Custom Optional Addition Posted

Share/Bookmark

X-Custom Optional Addition Posted

The X-Custom Addition to the GPO Library has now been posted as a separate download. You can find it at:

http://www.garritan.com/downloads.html
    [edited]

The X-Custom addition to the library is for people who want to customize their controllers. It allows users to have custom control over volume/timbre MIDI assignments and dynamic range thoruhg the assignable slider in the Player. This feature is especially useful for users with Wind Controllers. Also, this is particularly helpful for people with certain sequencers. For instance, Logic 6 (and earlier) and GarageBand users have the reset to "0" bug which this addition will allow you to reset the controller and avoid. With the X-Custom Folders, please note that all instruments load at full volume rather than the minimum volume standard used in the Dry and Wet Audition folders. This is useful for people with Standard MIDI files they want to play or with particular sequencers as well. Most users will not need this optional addition.

Enjoy!

Gary Garritan

Re: X-Custom Optional Addition Posted

Not working.

Also guys:

These files need to be place in

C:\Program Files\Garritan Personal Orchestra\GPO Library\Instruments\

You will see the Wet and Dry folders there already, you need to place the X-Custom folder alongside them.

Everyone else that installed the library to another location or Mac users just find where you installed it, look for the GPO Library folder and place the X-Custom instrument folder inside the Instruments folder.

Question Re: X-Custom Optional Addition Posted

JB> I am confused. I finally downloaded the updates from NI and when I wanted to install it shows up as installing in C Acid. What's the buzz here tell me what's a happening? I can't seem to browse and pick to the Garritan folder. The only thing I got was "Garritan folder already exist do you want to replace it?" I wasn't sure what to do then because this is an update not a replacement. What to do?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    JB> I am confused. I finally downloaded the updates from NI and when I wanted to install it shows up as installing in C Acid. What's the buzz here tell me what's a happening? I can't seem to browse and pick to the Garritan folder. The only thing I got was "Garritan folder already exist do you want to replace it?" I wasn't sure what to do then because this is an update not a replacement. What to do?
    Just let the update do its thing. When it says that its installing into C:\Acid, its installing the actual VST plug in there. Don't worry. It will install everything into the same place you put it originally. If not, I will help with any problems that occur. I would just recommend letting the update do its stuff.

Go Back to forum